The wife and I each have 9700's. They're great phones, but when is RIM going to offer some REAL wireless sync/share support for consumers? After all, they're pushing out all these consumer phones!

I am tired of having a piecemeal solution to this problem. I pay for data, so I WANT to be able to do all of my syncing with wireless.

I have a google apps account, so I can get my contacts synced to my berry, but not to Outlook.

My calendar can sync from Outlook to Google Calendar, but the wife and I have to share a calendar, no peeking at the other's calendar unless it's on the PC.

Mail sync is great on Yahoo, but the other stuff all has to be wired sync...oh yeah, and no IMAP e-mail for free accounts.

When will RIM offer some REAL service for us BIS users!!!

I'm not saying I'm going to dump my BB yet, but I'm really getting irritated by the lack of sharing unless you're on a BES.
    06-10-10 04:06 PM
    Use BlackBerry Unite.
    06-10-10 04:13 PM
    Use BlackBerry Unite.
    Considered that, but I've heard WAY too many horror stories about Unite. Besides, hasn't RIM stopped supporting Unite?
    06-10-10 04:18 PM
    Didn't they try this with a Program Called Unity? and it was a flop?

I would love to see RIM launch a Family BES service, and advertise it as such,

It would allow backup of all username@carrier.blackberry.net emails
    allow calendar sharing of registered devices
    allow SMS/MMS/BBM logging of registered devices.

Put the power into the hands of the parent who has a Teen, it would go a long way in making the family buy BB's Right now Apple is wise with itunes/iphones/ipod touchs, as a family it makes sense to have the same devices because you can share apps.

Allow users of a Family BES multi app purchase discounts, though the BES, and control over the kids phone, locking them, GPS tracking, the like, it is a helicopter parents dream
    06-10-10 04:19 PM
    Didn't they try this with a Program Called Unity? and it was a flop?

I would love to see RIM launch a Family BES service, and advertise it as such,

It would allow backup of all username@carrier.blackberry.net emails
    allow calendar sharing of registered devices
    allow SMS/MMS/BBM logging of registered devices.

Put the power into the hands of the parent who has a Teen, it would go a long way in making the family buy BB's Right now Apple is wise with itunes/iphones/ipod touchs, as a family it makes sense to have the same devices because you can share apps.

Allow users of a Family BES multi app purchase discounts, though the BES, and control over the kids phone, locking them, GPS tracking, the like, it is a helicopter parents dream
    All I care about is calendar sharing. Efficiently. Wirelessly.
    I want to also be able to see the info on my desktop in Outlook or Thunderbird/Lightning/Seamonkey. Memopad would also be nice, but just give me the calendar and contacts first!
    06-10-10 04:23 PM
    Does your wife have a blackberry as well? You could start a bbm group just for you two, that's what I have set up with my wife.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 06:50 PM
    All I care about is calendar sharing. Efficiently. Wirelessly.
    I want to also be able to see the info on my desktop in Outlook or Thunderbird/Lightning/Seamonkey. Memopad would also be nice, but just give me the calendar and contacts first!
    Yes but all you care about wont make RIM any money, the key is to have something that will increase market penetration and customer loyalty.
    06-10-10 08:21 PM
    Yes but all you care about wont make RIM any money, the key is to have something that will increase market penetration and customer loyalty.
    Customer loyalty may change if I find a device that DOES do what I care about. I'd sure miss my 9700 though...
    06-10-10 08:24 PM
    Customer loyalty may change if I find a device that DOES do what I care about. I'd sure miss my 9700 though...
    I agree it would be great to have that, but JUST having that is not looking at the big picture, my comment on what they should make was looking at a target market, which would want some of the same functions you would. thus getting what you want, and creating a potential advertising campaign for more than just a phone, but a family connectivity solution....
    06-10-10 08:27 PM
    I agree it would be great to have that, but JUST having that is not looking at the big picture, my comment on what they should make was looking at a target market, which would want some of the same functions you would. thus getting what you want, and creating a potential advertising campaign for more than just a phone, but a family connectivity solution....
    I don't know that the carriers would necessarily allow a complete family solution like that though. Look at AT&T. They try to steal every penny they can. I think the carriers would prefer to charge you for each feature rather than allow the device to provide features. I suspect that the carriers stifle progress a bit.
    06-10-10 08:31 PM
    The problem being that so many other phones offer these features for bog standard now that sooner of later people will turn to these other phones instead of Blackberry.

Only then will RIM start taking an interest in this issue, once it affects their business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD