Hi all,

I'm thinking to buy some colorware parts for my bold 9700, planning on doing it fully carbon black softtouch, and only the top cover en small bottum piece a glossy finish to keep my bold as original as possible looking. Now my question how glossy is the carbon black ? Googles a bit and i only found the soft touch finish, or color finish with gloss. Bottomline is does it look like the 2 original parts on the bold 9700 . Who can help me with this question ?

Regards mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by just mike; 03-26-10 at 05:45 AM.
    03-26-10 05:43 AM
    You might want to email colorware and see if they will send you either pictures or color samples.
    03-26-10 07:30 AM
    You may want to go with Jet Black (gloss) on those pieces if you want them to look like the original pieces.

Here's a pic of my 9700 with the top and bottom in Jet Black:

03-26-10 08:29 AM
    You may want to go with Jet Black (gloss) on those pieces if you want them to look like the original pieces.

Here's a pic of my 9700 with the top and bottom in Jet Black:

THAT - is a sweet phone. Not meaning to hijack the thread. I was unaware you could order Colorware parts, as I thought you send in the phone and they do the work for you.
    03-26-10 08:30 AM
    THAT - is a sweet phone. Not meaning to hijack the thread. I was unaware you could order Colorware parts, as I thought you send in the phone and they do the work for you.
    On certain phones you can. Something like an iPhone you'd have to send in or buy new from Colorware.
    03-26-10 09:09 AM
    First of all, jigzca thanks for the pics , i think i might go with jet black, is it possible to show a shot of your back **** curious hoew the back is looking and wich colors you pick.

And offcourse thanks all for the reply's , realy want to have a colorware now, im tired of that china crap and there wrong fitting.

Regards mike

03-26-10 11:24 AM
    I went with a softouch finish on the inner back, everything else is gloss.

These are the colors I picked:

Frame - Graphite
    Top - Jet Black
    Bottom - Jet Black
    Outer Back - Graphite
    Inner Back - Jet Black (softouch)
    BB Logo - Ferrari Red
    03-26-10 12:47 PM
    How much did it all cost?

03-26-10 03:28 PM
    $169 + shipping
    03-26-10 03:53 PM
    Omgggggggggg! That's a lot! You're rich! . its a lot for some plastic but to each his own

03-26-10 04:59 PM
    LOL I'm not rich, tax refund FTW.

03-26-10 05:18 PM
    That phone looks great. You have to drop some coin for quality. You can't buy a Mercedes with ford money.

03-26-10 07:32 PM
    I just looked at the site. Nice but a bit pricey.
    03-26-10 08:21 PM
    Thanks for the pictures, i will definitly go with all carbon black, and those parts jet black glossy. Going to do my backlogo smoke white softtouch it will perfectly match with the white blackberry logo on the front and the white keys. Transfered the money to my paypal account. Monday i'm going to order it.

I will post my findings and pictures when i receive my parts.

regards

03-27-10 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the pictures, i will definitly go with all carbon black, and those parts jet black glossy. Going to do my backlogo smoke white softtouch it will perfectly match with the white blackberry logo on the front and the white keys. Transfered the money to my paypal account. Monday i'm going to order it.

I will post my findings and pictures when i receive my parts.

regards

That sounds like it's gonna look NICE! Be sure to post some pics.
    03-27-10 12:19 PM
    Are there any other "kewl" colour schemes or designs out there? Thinking of getting my Bold done.
    06-02-10 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD