Here's some shots of my two kids 8330's and mine. Mine is green. I did this with different color sharpies. The purple one was done with red & blue.

09-09-08 07:01 PM
    Nice! Looks Good!
    09-09-08 07:40 PM
    Won't that get on your fingers after a while and if you have wet finger thumbs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 08:12 PM
    nah, it fades, but very little. It's permanent marker.
    09-09-08 08:13 PM
    Did you color the actual trackball directly

Or did you color the LED directly with the marker? or a piece of tape or transparency to lay over top of it?!
    09-09-08 08:15 PM
    Did you color the actual trackball directly

Or did you color the LED directly with the marker? or a piece of tape or transparency to lay over top of it?!
    I think that was permanent marker directly, LOL.
    09-09-08 08:33 PM
    I colored the trackball directly! Yup. Shut down the device, and dab the marker all over the trackball until it's evenly coated. Turns out super. Plus, the alcohol in the marker cleans the living snot out of the trackball, making it super "gritty clean" for the first couple weeks.
    09-09-08 09:18 PM
    09-09-08 09:26 PM

lol

Man that would have taken allot of time lol

Looks good and cool. but maybe order three replacement balls so if you need to take it in for any reason that color ball will void the warranty
    09-09-08 09:30 PM
    I colored the trackball directly! Yup. Shut down the device, and dab the marker all over the trackball until it's evenly coated. Turns out super. Plus, the alcohol in the marker cleans the living snot out of the trackball, making it super "gritty clean" for the first couple weeks.
    *yikes*

I would have totally opted for the LED "mod"... as it is not permanent and does just as good of a job. I used a professional photo flash gel over my LED and it works amazingly...

The color is bold and never fades... and no permanent artifacts are left behind!
    09-09-08 09:31 PM
    *yikes*

I would have totally opted for the LED "mod"... as it is not permanent and does just as good of a job. I used a professional photo flash gel over my LED and it works amazingly...

The color is bold and never fades... and no permanent artifacts are left behind!
    cant wait for you to do mine hot pink !!
    09-09-08 09:38 PM
    Cool. Mine is pink right now. I change the color every time I change the theme or wallpaper!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD