I apologize if this has been asked before, I am coming over form a palm device and on its calender you could assign a color for each category so you could know were and what you needed at a glance. for example red for work and orange for must do etc. kind of like what outlook does but on the device itself. I have a storm with the most current software. so does BB have such capability for its calender or is there a 3rd party software that does this?
    Last edited by Rasalon; 06-18-09 at 08:53 PM.
    06-18-09 08:47 PM
    Their is no feature like that for out calendars. PocketDay is probably going to be the closest thing for you.
    06-18-09 09:25 PM
    Unfortunately, and this drives me crazy as well, each 'color' is actually an association with a particular e-mail account on your blackberry. If you have 4 email accounts you will have 4 possible calendars which will have their own unique color bars for appointment entries. If you install Facebook, that will add another calendar. I used to make use of these 'different calendars' so I could see particular types of entries in different colors....That turned out to be a bad idea because I like to syncronize Outlook with the device and it will only synchronize with what is set as your DEFAULT CICAL...

So, the long and short of it is - what you're looking for is not currently possible with BlackBerry's built in Calendar application. Hopefully enough people are griping about this. I would love to see the Calendar GREATLY improved in OS5.0+

ALB
    06-18-09 11:23 PM
    Thank you both for your replies
    06-19-09 12:13 AM
    Unfortunately, and this drives me crazy as well, each 'color' is actually an association with a particular e-mail account on your blackberry. If you have 4 email accounts you will have 4 possible calendars which will have their own unique color bars for appointment entries. If you install Facebook, that will add another calendar. I used to make use of these 'different calendars' so I could see particular types of entries in different colors....That turned out to be a bad idea because I like to syncronize Outlook with the device and it will only synchronize with what is set as your DEFAULT CICAL...

So, the long and short of it is - what you're looking for is not currently possible with BlackBerry's built in Calendar application. Hopefully enough people are griping about this. I would love to see the Calendar GREATLY improved in OS5.0+

ALB
    Same freak'n problem! Ugh, makes me want to pull my hair out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD