I have a quick question regarding collect calls. A little background:

My contract with my carrier allows me free monthly minutes. Prepaid users can initiate collect calls when they are low on credit. However, an answered collect call is charged instead of just using up my minutes, so I just prefer to hang up and call the person back. Here is the problem:

My previous phone (Nokia E71), would display a small indicator next to the number to indicate that the call I'm receiving is a collect call. I can't find the option to enable such an icon in my 9700. I have to pick up and get the automated prompt before I find out that it's a collect call.

It is such a trivial issue that I am sure that there is something I'm missing. Does anyone know if such a facility exists? Or if there is an app that can identify the call as a collect call?
    09-11-10 05:07 PM
    I haven't heard of an app regarding this. And have never seen a question of this nature before.
    Maybe your carrier has a suggestion.
    Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 06:01 PM
    Even if you call that person back they still have to have minutes... whether they initiate the call or receive a call they are using minutes. That is why they did a collect call, to make you pay for the minutes and not use their own.
    09-12-10 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD