So I hate bad media for RIM and Cnet to me always seems like they are pushing apple and putting down RIM. But this top 5 is actually pretty good, and they pretty much hit it right on the head with every point. I like how he says we have reviewed QNX and its smoking, but it needs to get on the phones now! At least they are giving credit to the fact that RIM has an amazing operating system!.... but they are right they need to get a move on!

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    mark37724 and CDM76 like this.
    01-30-12 06:17 PM
    Sounds like some pretty logical objectives.
    CDM76 and shn'g like this.
    01-30-12 06:25 PM
    I'm sure RIM wants to put out a phone like yesterday. Talk to the chip makers to get their product out quicker!
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 06:34 PM
    I'm sure RIM wants to put out a phone like yesterday. Talk to the chip makers to get their product out quicker!
    Yeah that's true hey I forgot that they were waiting for that to be available. I just hope that In the mean time while they are waiting they are going to kill it with specs and fine out the look of the phone.
    01-30-12 06:37 PM
    I think this video is basically correct. This is what they have to do. But one good thing is we already know the OS powering the upcoming BB10 phones should be really good - it's not a complete unknown - and people are anticipating a better OS experience than what's currently available

The playbook can help them stay relevant. New apps. Excellent browser for html5.

New BB services are also coming. BBM connected apps. There's a lot that's attractive with the BB ecosystem
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 06:50 PM
    not bad actually, but its all been said before.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 06:51 PM
    I think this video is basically correct. This is what they have to do. But one good thing is we already know the OS powering the upcoming BB10 phones should be really good - it's not a complete unknown - and people are anticipating a better OS experience than what's currently available

The playbook can help them stay relevant. New apps. Excellent browser for html5.

New BB services are also coming. BBM connected apps. There's a lot that's attractive with the BB ecosystem
    good point about the os not being an unknown
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 06:55 PM
    not that i wanna call them stupid (ok, i do) but WTF!! look at 0:54, thats NOT BB10, that dear people, is my Beamplified Lite theme!!

quality reporting for you eh lol
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 06:59 PM
    Definitely correct about the phones they should have. A Curve, a Bold, and a cool one. And I'd add a slider to that also.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-30-12 07:00 PM
    Have we grown so numb??

At about the two minute mark he suggests that the new CEO should take some meth! It was funny, but being from a rural area it hit a little too close to home.
    shn'g likes this.
    02-07-12 06:51 PM
    I think they should focus purely on one phone - fuse the best that they can offer in a touch screen experience (like the iPhone) with a detachable keyboard under the bottom portion of the phone's screen, like you would normally see with the Bold model. Imagine a bigger Bold except the keyboard can come off....

RIM will make way more money that way off of hardware sales. Also, by doing this they can offer multiple versions of a keyboard to accomodate larger or smaller finger sizes.

It also means a more consistent experience where they can focus on one product, just like Apple does. This makes it easier for developers to know what they are getting into.
    Last edited by Bozarth; 02-07-12 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Wanted to elaborate more.
    shn'g likes this.
    02-07-12 09:40 PM
    I think rim should make three phones, a bold, a touchscreen torch, and a slider torch. Go all out on those three, then the following year make those three into the curve and tour line and update the highend ones and keep on that schedule.
    shn'g likes this.
    02-07-12 11:18 PM
    Have we grown so numb??

At about the two minute mark he suggests that the new CEO should take some meth! It was funny, but being from a rural area it hit a little too close to home.
    lol. I took it as he needs to get some energy. He looked too calm. I agree. While I hope he does a great job, he is certainly not the guy I would put on stage as my main presenter again. He put me to sleep with the devcon presentation. He needs a partner on stage to jazz it up.
    shn'g likes this.
    02-08-12 08:07 AM
    I think rim should make three phones, a bold, a touchscreen torch, and a slider torch. Go all out on those three, then the following year make those three into the curve and tour line and update the highend ones and keep on that schedule.
    Yeah they really do! Like you said would help all around!

lol. I took it as he needs to get some energy. He looked too calm. I agree. While I hope he does a great job, he is certainly not the guy I would put on stage as my main presenter again. He put me to sleep with the devcon presentation. He needs a partner on stage to jazz it up.
    Yeah I am wondering if he just needs time to come into his own, because I agree he needs to show his excitement for the company! I didn't really care for Steve Jobs but this is where he was great because people could see when he was speaking his passion for apple and the products he was talking about.
    02-08-12 08:17 AM
    Absolutely! I may get killed for this but it is just an opinion...

He seems to me be a fact based, objective CEO with a FILO (first in last out) mentality. Great leaders but not too often arey the engaging speakers. I have personally worked with salesmen/speakers that could have read up on that information just 30 minutes prior to the presentation and made you feel they made it themselves. All though those LIFO personalities were terrible to work for.
    02-08-12 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD