I am just now reading this article on CNET about Apple's application for certain patents - including a bendable display for perhaps a future iPhone model. Here's an interesting quote from this article:

"Users would interact with the device using touch gestures rather than physical buttons. For example, swiping along one of the sides could lock and unlock the device as an alternative to using the current hold button. That innovation would've pleased the late Steve Jobs, who always envisioned an iPhone without any physical buttons."

Innovation? Excuse me?
    03-30-13 11:01 AM
    Ha ha ha ha! That is CNET for you. They are Apple stooges.
    03-30-13 11:08 AM
    Just wow. Those guys are real JENIUSES over there. Even though that site has a lot of download stuff, I'm not ever going there for anything anymore. The same for yahoo, they don't support BB either.
    03-30-13 11:09 AM
    LOL, sadly, I think most saw this coming.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-30-13 11:11 AM
    Oh this is just comical.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-30-13 11:11 AM
    I am just now reading this article on CNET about Apple's application for certain patents - including a bendable display for perhaps a future iPhone model. Here's an interesting quote from this article:

"Users would interact with the device using touch gestures rather than physical buttons. For example, swiping along one of the sides could lock and unlock the device as an alternative to using the current hold button. That innovation would've pleased the late Steve Jobs, who always envisioned an iPhone without any physical buttons."

Innovation? Excuse me?

Disgusting people.
    03-30-13 11:27 AM
    Smh, thats infuriating but I've come to expect that from CNET

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 11:33 AM
    They'll patent swipes and then sue BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    03-30-13 11:35 AM
    They'll patent swipes and then sue BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    And then lose, right?
    03-30-13 11:38 AM
    Apple has been using gestures now for quite some time, they originally started using them on the Mac years ago and brought them over to the iPad in the past couple of years, its pretty logical to think that eventually they might bring it over to the iPhone...
    richardat likes this.
    03-30-13 11:52 AM
    And yet it the review of the Z10 they said this "The Z10's unintuitive gesture paradigm creates a learning curve, and a long list of OS inefficiencies and omissions sour the experience."
    03-30-13 12:02 PM
    And yet it the review of the Z10 they said this "The Z10's unintuitive gesture paradigm creates a learning curve, and a long list of OS inefficiencies and omissions sour the experience."
    Just want to highlight this again.
    03-30-13 12:05 PM
    I said this is blackberries problem, apple, is great at taking prior tech and making the world think they created it. BlackBerry should hinge the bb10 marketing on the gestures experience, the camera thing is gimmicky a gesture Os which actually works is revolutionary and bb10 is that. Marketing should be centered around that!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:14 PM
    03-30-13 12:20 PM
    What a a joke... mother of god CNET is useless

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:21 PM
    i wouldn't be surprised, i had to use my friends ipad for skype and it was like going back to the dark ages for a playbook owner. Gestures are the future.
    03-30-13 12:23 PM
    Apple can copy the device interface tricks. But blackberry is courting the enterprise with services. BlackBerry knows how to build services. Mobile me flopped. Now icloud is having all kinds of reliability and security issues.

BlackBerry is on the right track.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 12:43 PM
    Apple has been using gestures now for quite some time, they originally started using them on the Mac years ago and brought them over to the iPad in the past couple of years, its pretty logical to think that eventually they might bring it over to the iPhone...
    Shh... Why do you insist on bringing logic into this discussion?

I don't think CNET meant gestures would be innovative if apple used 'Em. They are talking more of the wraparound display and gestures on the sides of the phone to carry out actions.

Samsung has already demonstrated a concept device with screens that curve down the side and can work with gestures. Nobody has brought such a device to the market just yet...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    richardat likes this.
    03-30-13 01:05 PM
    Can you imagine the fingerprints and sweat and who knows what else? I could see more functional, common sense issues than anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:29 PM
    Shh... Why do you insist on bringing logic into this discussion?

I don't think CNET meant gestures would be innovative if apple used 'Em. They are talking more of the wraparound display and gestures on the sides of the phone to carry out actions.

Samsung has already demonstrated a concept device with screens that curve down the side and can work with gestures. Nobody has brought such a device to the market just yet...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    YEP. I knew what patent the OP was talking about....pretty sure he left out the article on purpose.

I guess I can't blame all of you, because he did leave out the article, but you're making fools of yourselves.

1.only on CB did the company that finally brought a touch OS to the market invent "touch gestures" LOL. The ORIGINAL iphone swiped to unlock, swiping within the OS, and had multitouch.
    2.OBVIOUSLY, (see #1) the innovation isn't swiping, it's the patents on the case. There are actually others that are case related as well, for example, one where the display/case is pressure sensitive.
    03-30-13 02:37 PM
    There scared of blackberry lol

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 03:29 PM
    If all the current iPhones and S3s are any indication, All I can say is one drop and it's instant GG... gorilla glass or no gorilla glass.. glass still shatters

CNET story about Apple's future iPhone-apple-patent-wraparound-display.png
    03-30-13 03:36 PM
    Gestures are about to be invented
    web99 and raino like this.
    03-30-13 04:07 PM
    "We (Apple) have always been shameless about stealing great ideas" - Steve Jobs.
    03-30-13 05:25 PM
    I don't like CNET for the same reason. They never have something good to say about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:33 PM
32 12