I downloaded the new OS and now, when I backup, the clock switches to the Eniwetok time zone. I've tried rebooting but that didn't fix it. So far that's the only problem I've noticed with .591. It's really just a minor inconvenience, but would still like to fix it. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by woodworkergreg; 04-02-10 at 10:20 PM.
    03-31-10 11:20 PM
    att
    03-31-10 11:31 PM
    Try a battery pull

03-31-10 11:57 PM
    If you are syncing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager, be sure that in your Synchronization settings in BlackBerry Desktop Manager that the check box for "Update Device Date and Time" is UNCHECKED.
    04-01-10 10:10 AM
    The Eniwetok bug is persistent across carriers and devices and OS versions and has been around for a while. A search of the forums for Eniwetok as I'm typing found 20 threads including this one. To my knowledge, no one has posted a solution.
    04-01-10 10:42 AM
    If you are syncing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager, be sure that in your Synchronization settings in BlackBerry Desktop Manager that the check box for "Update Device Date and Time" is UNCHECKED.
    Tried this. It worked! Thank you.

04-02-10 03:31 PM
    Was either your BlackBerry or your PC set to the wrong time zone? If both were right, you may have found a clue to the Eniwetok bug.
    04-02-10 09:14 PM
    Was either your BlackBerry or your PC set to the wrong time zone? If both were right, you may have found a clue to the Eniwetok bug.
    Both were set to the correct time. I just went into sync on BDM before I backed up this morning and unchecked Update date & time. My Tour stayed on the correct time after backup. However, I can't take credit for finding the quick fix. I just followed someone else's advise. And the problem still remains.

04-02-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD