Hold the ridicule... but sometimes the dumbest of all problems are my kryptonite, so i'll ask and hopefully you all don't get too mean.. cause its a pretty dumb question...

anyway.. a few days ago i learned how to copy my blackberry messenger conversation (i'm new to blackberry so this was a big deal)..it said "saved to clipboard"
    Upon further review, i'm starting to think that there is no such thing as a clipboard and that the only thing it does when you 'copy history' is act a temporary "Ctrl-C" of sorts...
    i now know if you click paste right after in an email or something it shows up, but is there anywhere on the phone i can access this clipboard? or is it just like an invisible force waiting for you to paste?
    And even if i can open it, all my saved convos are going to be gone...cause i turned the phone off and waited and did more "save convos"...right?

Thanks a lot...sorry if i lessened your IQ a tiny bit
    01-12-09 12:03 PM
    I use MemoPad and just paste stuff I may need later in there.
    01-12-09 12:07 PM
    I do exactly what Pete does...
    01-12-09 12:08 PM
    This isn't a dumb question...I needed to know this as well. The answer always seems so obvious!
    01-12-09 12:12 PM
    i'm starting to think that there is no such thing as a clipboard and that the only thing it does when you 'copy history' is act a temporary "Ctrl-C" of sorts...
    The clipboard works very well. If you have enabled the memory cleaning feature, that will clear the clipboard when activated.

Memo Pad is the handy place for notes.
    01-12-09 12:14 PM
    I think the OP is asking if it is possible to view the contents of the clipboard...
    01-12-09 12:14 PM
    I think the OP is asking if it is possible to view the contents of the clipboard...
    This is a very good question, one I have been trying to answer. Can you view the contents of the clipboard? I saved something to my clipboard by accident I would rather be deleted. Any suggestions?
    09-21-09 09:13 PM
    The clipboard holds one item at a time. If you select a null space and save, whatever was in the clipboard is history.
    09-21-09 09:40 PM
    How can we view what is in the clipboard. What is going on is the bbm convos are getting saved to the clipboard and we may want to edit it... and then repost...

So you would have to go to the memo pad and then post whats in your clip board there, we are trying to figure out how to eliminate the extra step of posting it in the memo pad and just finding the clipboard and editing it there.
    02-26-10 03:08 PM
    You can't view the clipboard. As stated when you copy it goes to the clipboard and when you copy again, whatever was there is erased. You have to paste it to memopad or an email before you copy again.

I have no idea if you can get into a BB's software and find a clipboard log file, way beyond me.

Ken
    02-26-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD