I'll be swapping my blackberry for a replacement on Tuesday. The keys no longer work. I'd like to reset the phone before I hand it over.

The only way I've seen to reset the blackberry is to do these steps: Click on Options (icon) -> Security Options -> General Settings. Then click the wheel for a dropdown menu and click Security Wipe.

But since the key presses are not responding, I cant do those steps. I tried to look through DM to see if there were options, but couldn't find any.

So Is it possible to clear/reset the data on the blackberry without using the menu options?
    01-26-09 07:50 AM
    Do a search for the program JL Commander and there is an option to reset the device back to factory or to wipe it. Both of these will work for you.
    01-26-09 07:56 AM
    Do a search for the program JL Commander and there is an option to reset the device back to factory or to wipe it. Both of these will work for you.
    Thank you. I'll check that out
    01-26-09 07:58 AM
    Do a OS upgrade / downgrade with DM in the middle of it unplug it and it should brick it to a 507 error

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 07:58 AM
    I found this how-to document: How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

I'll try it out when I get home.
    01-26-09 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD