who ever sold me my 8320 off ebay had grubby little hands and it seems like they keys are pretty dirty. theres a nasty greyish hugh on them.

whats the best way of makin it nice and clean again w/o hurting the keyboard.
    07-15-08 02:22 PM
    I would wipe down with a QTip and rubbing alcohol... or disassemble the device and deep clean the keypad!!

Seems kinda gross... so whatever you think would do best!
    07-15-08 02:24 PM
    Try goo-gone just a little goes a long way. alcohol is good to since it dries fast
    07-15-08 02:30 PM
    poo, no rubbing alcohol around right now, gotta get some later i guess

would fingernail polish remover work? pretty sure my girlfriend has some of that some where.
    07-15-08 02:33 PM
    I would use rubbing alcohol... will not strip off lettering but will do a great job cleaning. Will also evaporate fast and not leave residue or anything of the sort!
    07-15-08 02:35 PM
    Don't lick it! Lol. I have some Bausch and Lomb Sight Saver tissues that have alcohol that work well. I wouldn't use any paper products on the screen because they can scratch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 02:38 PM
    Wouldn't the acetone in fingernail polish remover also remove the coloring or the letters? I'd be carefull. Test it first on one of the keys.

07-15-08 02:39 PM
    I do a damp rag and water and that does the job perfect at least for me.
    Fingernail polish will remover the letters in a heartbeat....I wouldn't do it
    07-15-08 02:40 PM
    Do Not Use Acetone! Acetone will melt the plastic and bond the pieces together. Everything can become one large piece of plastic.
    07-15-08 10:21 PM
    Yes, do not use acetone. And really? Eeeew. The seller couldn't clean it first!?

07-15-08 10:23 PM
    I would def use the alcohol NOT THE ACETONE
    07-15-08 11:31 PM
    Make sure you are using alcohol that is at least 70% Isopropyl alcohol. Clean it with a cotton swab or soft bristle brush, like a baby toothbrush. If you can, use a can of compressed air to blow it out immediately after the cleaning rather than letting it evaporate. When the alcohol evaporates, it does not take the dirt and grime with it, it merely settles somewhere else. I would also recommend eye protection and possibly a dust mask if you use the compressed air.

This is how we clean electronics in the Air Force, and it works very well. Good luck to you.
    07-16-08 03:14 AM
    I bought the eyeglass cleaning solution and rag and I use that for cleaning my phone-as well as the compressed air every now and then too
    07-16-08 12:58 PM
    just use one of those baby wipes or the clorox clean up rags

those sound safer than alcohol or acetone
    07-16-08 01:00 PM
    just use one of those baby wipes or the clorox clean up rags

those sound safer than alcohol or acetone
    The rubbing alcohol will work just fine. Clorox cleanup rags generally contain bleach - I wouldn't use that. And baby wipes will leave a residue.
    07-16-08 01:05 PM
    The rubbing alcohol will work just fine. Clorox cleanup rags generally contain bleach - I wouldn't use that. And baby wipes will leave a residue.
    Exactly!! Just stick with the alcohol and compressed air!!

Other cleaners and wipes, etc contain chemicals that can leave residue and possibly harm your Berry

Microfiber clothes are good too...
    07-16-08 01:11 PM
    can you clean a blackberry 8520 keyboard with dust remover?
    07-08-10 07:49 PM
    Sorry, I gotta nix the compressed air idea.

A BB is a closed case, meaning it's not like a PC. You have no idea what particles are lying in there and you could end up forcing something bad further into the phone that might affect the circuits.

Just wipe the keys with whatever except acetone. Alcohol q-tips, any kind of wipe be it alcohol, bleach, whatever will be safest.
    07-08-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD