hey hey,

just got the torch..

i want to upgrade my OS with the new leak, but when i run the Loader all the crap from my previous berry is showing (i.e themes, etc etc) how do i get it so that all that stuff is gone?

is there a way to have a clean slate ?
    08-16-10 03:38 PM
    The final page prior to installing the new OS has an Options ... button. The default is to upgrade, keeping the existing applications and settings. Deselect this option for a clean new build, but make sure you have a backup of your data to restore.

Alternatly, most of the BlackBerry Utility programs feature a Device Wipe command, that will accomplish the same thing.
    08-16-10 03:45 PM
    Sounds like you are looking to do a security wipe. I don't know about OS6 but in 5.0 you go to options, security opts. And security wipe. And that should erase everything so you can start with a clean slate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 03:45 PM
    yah when i don't touch anything and click next on the final page, i get a status page with all the apps they are going to wipe out or upgrade.

it says that it'll wipe out my docs to go and i don't want that
    08-16-10 03:48 PM
    i have all this crap like Sheets to go 4 times with different numbers beside it and two instances of berrybuzz
    08-16-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD