since i got my first BB, i always did a wipe and fresh install. Yesterday meanwhile, i did an update for 9900 because really i didnt feel like re installing all the applications and loosing some game scores * hehe * , and i did notice it backup everything and did restore through DM.

I noticed that at first boot after installation and before restore there was nothing on my bb, hence the restore. my question is, did DM some how partially wipe it ?

what are the pros n cons of Wipe vs Update using DM.

and if i did an update through DM, will these improvements, such as longer battery life, be in effect or is it necessary to wipe it ? Thanks all
    11-20-11 10:19 AM
    Anyone ? I tought people had answers to that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 10:10 AM
    No need to perform a separate wipe because a wipe is done before the new OS is loaded onto the Blackberry.
    11-21-11 10:23 AM
    No need to perform a separate wipe because a wipe is done before the new OS is loaded onto the Blackberry.
    So basically DM does a wipe while upgrading right ?
    11-21-11 03:17 PM
    So basically DM does a wipe while upgrading right ?
    Correct....
    11-21-11 03:42 PM
    Correct....
    then why the big fuss about clean install and using other software to wipe it ! gosh ! the hours spent re installing apps ;(
    11-21-11 03:48 PM
    then why the big fuss about clean install and using other software to wipe it ! gosh ! the hours spent re installing apps ;(
    Just think of all that wasted time. Lol. Same goes for Apploader, it wipes prior to loading.
    11-21-11 05:06 PM
    there is only one time i did a full wipe to error, then reinstalled. thats when i did a device switch from my 9780 to my 9860 and realized alot of data that transferred over was creating a huge battery drain. i wiped all remnants of the OS 6 data and apps off the device and did a fresh reload. otherwise, i never wipe first then load. i always just update normally.
    11-21-11 08:42 PM
    I'm with you, i don't see wot all the fuss is about with wiping, re-installing etc etc
    I've always just used apploader or DM to update and never had a problem
    11-22-11 02:10 AM
    Same here, I always go through App loader as i prefer choosing and un-choosing the different bits to load.
    11-22-11 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD