- LTE
    - 582ppi on a pretty handy screen
    - The ultimate Blackberry keyboard with much sought-after tool-belt
    - Much needed microSD slot and removable and reasonable battery
    - That pretty 10.3 ensuring simplicity and productivity

Yes, it is going to change the face of Blackberry. It's going to pull back all those suits and casuals who once had their old Blackberry in pockets, beds and desks for taking reminders and emails all day long----right from their iPhones and Androids.
    It's going to be the BBOS8 of Legacy devices, something which a gazillion people desired after putting their 9900s in shelves to bite dust.
    There's a reason why it's called the "Classic "
    Let's just hope Blackberry advertises and prices it appropriately. Yes.
    Blackberry is coming back, with a bang!
    Attached Thumbnails Classic will empower Blackberry-classic.jpg  
    anon7878805 likes this.
    08-31-14 04:45 AM
    Doesn't have 582ppi though...

At least, I don't recall having that high PPI. Also, it'll probably have a decent sale rate

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:55 AM
    Doesn't have 582ppi though...

At least, I don't recall having that high PPI. Also, it'll probably have a decent sale rate

Posted via CB10
    That would be the case if the Classic had a 1440x1440 screen at 3.5" (which it doesn't, 720x720).

And it looks like the battery is non-removable, as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 05:01 AM
    Is it going to bring back all the users that left?

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-31-14 08:52 AM
    will the display be TFT or again same like the q10?
    08-31-14 12:34 PM
    Bring back all the suits and users? That would be like ford relaunching a car from ten years ago, when people have moved on!
    If there was such a large demand for keyboard phones BlackBerry wouldn't be in the position they are and every other manufacturer would have one in their range.

Posted by my splendid Z10
    bbmtna and pogo007 like this.
    08-31-14 12:43 PM
    That would be the case if the Classic had a 1440x1440 screen at 3.5" (which it doesn't, 720x720).

And it looks like the battery is non-removable, as well.

Posted via CB10
    That non-removable battery therefore doesn't really make it Classic, because the battery swap was an essential feature for Bold 9900 power users...

They might be p'ed once they find out. And I'm not a negative type.

Again: Why, BlackBerry? :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-31-14 05:32 PM
    I dunno man but we can only hope.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    08-31-14 06:13 PM
    That non-removable battery therefore doesn't really make it Classic, because the battery swap was an essential feature for Bold 9900 power users...

They might be p'ed once they find out. And I'm not a negative type.

Again: Why, BlackBerry? :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    I know what u mean. I loved the display on the Bold and the removable battery. I might just hold on to my Q10 for a little while.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    08-31-14 06:28 PM
    Bring back all the suits and users? That would be like ford relaunching a car from ten years ago, when people have moved on!
    If there was such a large demand for keyboard phones BlackBerry wouldn't be in the position they are and every other manufacturer would have one in their range.

Crackberry needs a 'best comments of the week posting'
    This would be the winner for this week. No truer words have been spoken.

The classic won't bring anyone back, it may intrigued some legacy users to upgrade their OS5 devices.
    The classic is the epitome of the niche market phone, no salvation just a solution to make a select group happy.
    I wish them luck with it

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-31-14 06:35 PM
    Why would the Classic bring anyone back? Might make people upgrade but the amount of people that will come back will be minimal

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 06:51 PM
    The lack of removable battery seems insane.. No logic behind that. Especially when business people like myself travel to 3rd world countries.. It's nice to charge 2 batteries before leaving hotel as you're never sure when you be able to dock again for a couple days... Or even when flying, it's shocking how tough it is to charge phone.. Absolutely detest wall huggin and sitting on floors too.
    08-31-14 07:56 PM
    "In my first 90 days on the job, I consistently heard from our ardent BlackBerry customers that the hard buttons and trackpad are an essential part of the BlackBerry QWERTY experience," said Chen. "I want these customers to know that we heard them."

My view is that the tool belt was required because the Q10 had such a tiny screen.

The trouble is that the Classic has a square screen. A taller screen with a Bold keyboard is what I would have wanted instead of a tool belt. A 3.5 inch screen is still too small UNLESS you primarily want phone for emailing and texting.
    08-31-14 07:59 PM
    They need to get rid of the 1v1 ratio. That's crap. Make a longer screen for the qwerty

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:00 PM
    While I admire the OP's enthusiasm, I doubt the Classic will empower BlackBerry. It may help them reach their goal of 10 million sales if sales of the other phones don't drop.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-31-14 09:04 PM
    We've had some good discussions recently in the forums about removable vs. Non-removable batteries. Unfortunately it is a bizarre call that BB is going with non-removable for Classic. If the device is being made via Foxconn it must ultimately be a financial decision, but you have to wonder about it given the niche BlackBerry would like to appeal to with this device. I get it for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:45 PM
    Currently my q10 will last a bit over 12 hrs.

If they think we can make do without another battery on the classic, then they just don't know their market.

CB10 on the Q10
    08-31-14 10:43 PM
    Crackberry needs a 'best comments of the week posting'
    This would be the winner for this week. No truer words have been spoken.

The classic won't bring anyone back, it may intrigued some legacy users to upgrade their OS5 devices.
    The classic is the epitome of the niche market phone, no salvation just a solution to make a select group happy.
    I wish them luck with it

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Guess that makes me a niche then. Because I want the Classic and my first BlackBerry phone was the Z10. (was a Android 2.3 user before switching to BB10)

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:52 PM

I don't know where you've been, but Ford was the best selling automaker in the USA and was pretty far up there worldwide last year. If I remember correctly, the Ford Focus was actually the top selling car in the world. If they relaunched a car from 10 years ago, it'll likely do well...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-02-14 12:51 AM
    Can't wait for the Classic
    09-02-14 01:01 AM
    I don't know where you've been, but Ford was the best selling automaker in the USA and was pretty far up there worldwide last year. If I remember correctly, the Ford Focus was actually the top selling car in the world. If they relaunched a car from 10 years ago, it'll likely do well...

It's a bad analogy, but his point is still valid. Unless BlackBerry catch up in phone tech, not a lot of ppl will care.

CB10 on the Q10
    09-02-14 01:32 AM
    Guess that makes me a niche then. Because I want the Classic and my first BlackBerry phone was the Z10. (was a Android 2.3 user before switching to BB10)

Posted via CB10
    Would you mind me asking what makes the classic appealing to you?
    09-02-14 07:38 AM
    It's a bad analogy, but his point is still valid. Unless BlackBerry catch up in phone tech, not a lot of ppl will care.

CB10 on the Q10
    Being a car guy, I don't stand for bad car analogies... :-P

09-02-14 08:15 AM
    I think it will sell some and bring some people back but for the most part I think it will be a device that's quickly forgotten about. The passport is the device that people are talking about in here, not the Classic. Unless it's priced dirt cheap which I doubt it will be I don't see many people choosing it.
    09-02-14 08:26 AM
    Why would it do more for BlackBerry then the last two Bold models?

Some enterprise sales. No impact on consumers or BYOD. Simple.

Not a game changer in any way.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-02-14 08:53 AM