Brand loyalty? The vets will recall when having a touchscreen was the dumbest thing ever.on CB.

... till one with a BBRY logo arrived...
    07-25-14 02:56 PM
    Brand loyalty? The vets will recall when having a touchscreen was the dumbest thing ever.on CB.

that wouldn't be the era of the bad touch screen brought on by the bb storm would it?
    07-25-14 02:57 PM
    that wouldn't be the era of the bad touch screen brought on by the bb storm would it?
    Yeah BlackBerry trying to reinvent the wheel with Surepress.... reminds me a little of another BlackBerry device with a virtual keyboard that isn't really virtual.
    07-25-14 03:13 PM
    A company that has a lot invested in their brand, including a lot to lose, that gives me confidence that they aren't going to put out junk that will hurt their reputation. For example, how long has Apple held of on the watch even though they could easily have produced one by now like the others?

On the other hand, a company that has a tarnished brand and has nothing to lose is a lot more likely to rush something to market and even discontinue if it doesn't work out.
    07-25-14 03:26 PM
    Just because something is popular and has high sales volume, doesn't mean it is good.
    McDonalds food says it all
    07-25-14 06:28 PM
    Just because something is popular and has high sales volume, doesn't mean it is good.
    McDonalds food says it all
    People erroneously use the McDonald's (or Honda/Camry) sales example. What are you comparing McDonald's to? It could be argued that when compared to food in the same price range, McDonald's is in fact a VERY GOOD choice for most people.

If we priced filet mignon like a happy meal, I'm sure the popularity of McDonald's would dwindle somewhat.

If you're using the McDonald's sales argument to say that iPhone's sales aren't really impressive, remember that several manufacturers (BBRY included) sell devices in the same price range, and still get trounced.
    Witmen likes this.
    07-25-14 06:49 PM
    Are you lost?
    No, he's intelligent.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    Berry_Pink and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    07-25-14 07:02 PM

Exactly. People on here swore they would "never own a touchscreen".

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-25-14 07:10 PM
    You're making this too easy for me!

The Atrix from Motorola in 2011: http://m.ibnlive.com/news/motorola-a...421125-11.html

http://www.engadget.com/motorola/atrix-4g-review/

What other mobile device today?: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=bzmbUdf4

Now I know you're going to split hairs and claim, "hey, no one had that on the home button!!!!", that due to the fact Apple only uses the home button as implemented. But hey, go ahead and split hairs and tell me no one else had or has a finger print scanner

Posted via CB10
    You didn't read my post close enough. Apple's implementation is clearly different. Are you saying that the atrix and s5 don't require you to keep your finger straight and swipe across the scanner? You don't think that simply placing your finger in any orientation on the home button to unlock with fingerprint is unique? A fingerprint sensor is not unique (obviously). The implementation is different.
    07-25-14 07:19 PM
    At this point I'm pretty sure leaving off the BlackBerry logo will move more product.

Posted via CB10
    I totally disagree! A well vetted and marketed BlackBerry that looks cool will sell units. Too many decision makers have had BlackBerry in the past and are now frustrated by their Apple/Androids.
    07-25-14 07:35 PM
    I totally disagree! A well vetted and marketed BlackBerry that looks cool will sell units. Too many decision makers have had BlackBerry in the past and are now frustrated by their Apple/Androids.
    I doubt you know a large enough data set to make that assumption.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-25-14 07:41 PM
    I doubt you know a large enough data set to make that assumption.

Let's just say that my skill set allows me to make such a statement confidently.

Conditions are ripe for BlackBerry to make a splash.
    07-25-14 07:49 PM
    Let's just say that my skill set allows me to make such a statement confidently.

Let me say you're making me laugh pretty hard.

07-25-14 07:52 PM

Don't even bother engaging further, they are the Oracle. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:54 PM
    Don't even bother engaging further, they are the Oracle. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    You use smh in your posts excessively. JMHO.

07-25-14 07:59 PM
    Let me say you're making me laugh pretty hard.

Some see things happen and ask why. Some say that they should have seen it coming after the fact. Some see it coming and prepare accordingly. I would put you in the first group.

I repeat that conditions are ripe for BlackBerry to make a splash and they are playing their cards well in going about it.
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 07-25-14 at 09:04 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-14 08:01 PM
    You use smh in your posts excessively. JMHO.

I have to,as you seem to have nothing positive to say about BlackBerry and the better question is, if they have nothing good according to you, you spend a lot of time trying to convince others on a BlackBerry site that your view is the only view, even when you say that" it's only your opinion and meant to drive meaning conversation " it just comes off as arrogant and obnoxious. IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-26-14 at 08:50 AM.
    pungster and bungaboy like this.
    07-25-14 08:02 PM
    Some see things happen and ask why. Some say that should have seen it coming after the fact. Some see it coming and prepare accordingly.

I repeat that conditions are ripe for BlackBerry to make a splash and they are playing their cards well in going about it.
    BlackBerry sure didn't see the truck that hit them, did they?

I don't see why people can't just accept they will have a niche market and be happy with it. Is there some competition I'm missing?

07-25-14 08:04 PM
    I have to,as you seen to have nothing positive to say about BlackBerry and the better question is, if they have nothing good according to you, you spend a lot of time trying to convince others on a BlackBerry site that your view is the only view, even when you say that" it's only your opinion and meant to drive meaning conversation " it just comes off as arrogant and obnoxious. IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh, back to name calling. Who am I trying to convince? Where did I say blackberry has nothing positive? Notice I usually respond to the arrogant comments mocking other platforms or users. Why is that necessary?

Oh wait. It's a blackberry fan site. Free pass?

shaleem likes this.
    07-25-14 08:06 PM
    BlackBerry sure didn't see the truck that hit them, did they?
    BlackBerry certainly did not and one of the biggest reasons why is because there were too many who think as you do making key decisions. Spending all day looking at "datasets " without the proper context can doom you to no decisions, slow decisions or wrong decisions.
    07-25-14 08:09 PM
    Ahh, back to name calling. Who am I trying to convince? Where did I say blackberry has nothing positive? Notice I usually respond to the arrogant comments mocking other platforms or users. Why is that necessary?

Oh wait. It's a blackberry fan site. Free pass?

I'm not name calling, I'm saying how your comments appear. Its not an attack, again it's not a free pass one is looking for, except that it's a BlackBerry site and if you have to attack any comment with all respect, "know it all attitude " it gets tiring it's being condescending. Again in my opinion. One can express their view without making another's comment seem trivial and inconsequential, I am all for constructive comments/ conversation.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-14 08:12 PM
    The average consumer is a sheep. They invest NO TIME in research to understand the basics of a product. I mean, how can they when they have to watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones for the sixth time?

I can't tell you how many people have told me "I have an Android/iPhone because my friend has one"... as if that is a legitimate reason to purchase something.

Lots of people think iOS/Android is better than BB10/WP8, and I might even be inclined to agree. I respect that these people actually assess the market and make an informed choice, but the sheep, they upset me.

I'm z10ing. Yes, I invented a verb.
    07-25-14 08:14 PM
    BlackBerry certainly did not and one of the biggest reasons why is because there were too many who think as you do making key decisions. Spending all day looking at "datasets " without the proper context dooms you to no decisions, slow decisions or wrong decisions.
    Mmm. Interesting. I think they didn't look at the data that showed people didn't want a work-out phone any more. Now that's all they have, which is fine. Do it better than the rest and become lean. Perhaps the Passport will do well and help them solidify that niche. I don't know, just contemplating.

07-25-14 08:14 PM
    I don't know, just contemplating.
    Exactly! And knowing that is what YOU like to do and most likely do it well is part of my aforementioned skillset. .
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-25-14 08:19 PM
    I'm not name calling, I'm saying how your comments appear. Its not an attack, again it's not a free pass one is looking for, except that it's a BlackBerry site and if you have to attack any comment with all respect, "know it all attitude " it gets tiring it's being condescending. Again in my opinion. One can express their view without making another's comment seem trivial and inconsequential, I am all for constructive comments/ conversation.

Posted via CB10
    I think you don't take criticism well. We must be honest, even when negative, to move forward. Wearing rose-colored glasses doesn't work. You continually bring up my old signature where I stated that my comments were only my opinion. Why do you do that and what's wrong with that? We ALL are stating our opinions and I don't say anyone else's is wrong or shouldn't be stated. We can have conversations without trying to mock other platforms in order to make ours seem better. Again, just my opinion which could be wrong. I'm not perfect. It's ONLY a phone forum. It shouldn't be be so friggin serious!!!!

07-25-14 08:20 PM
127 12345 ...