Yeah, I didn't appreciate that much either.
    You obviously didn't read a few postings of his up from here. Well again my apologies.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 11:14 PM
    You obviously didn't read a few postings of his up from here. Well again my apologies.

Posted via CB10
    I'll ask again. Show me my posts that lack empathy towards suicide.
    07-01-14 11:17 PM
    And keep believing you've been irreparably harmed and people have committed suicide over this one thing.
    They might have saved a life by making a News Feed more positive. The "outrage" over this is the actual "drivel". Are people so fragile that a slight tweak to their news feed on FB makes them suicidal? If so, they shouldn't go there. A few friends with actual bad news could KILL THEM...

That's the only reason that we're seeing all of this mock outrage. It's mostly from people that are knee-jerk reacting to the headline blurbs and not the full story nor looking at the actual methodology. Again, if a person's mental health is that fragile, then a billion things online could cause them to commit suicide. This is just a red herring.

If those don't scream empathy, then I don't know what will.
    Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 11:25 PM
    They might have saved a life by making a News Feed more positive. The "outrage" over this is the actual "drivel". Are people so fragile that a slight tweak to their news feed on FB makes them suicidal? If so, they shouldn't go there. A few friends with actual bad news could KILL THEM...

That's the only reason that we're seeing all of this mock outrage. It's mostly from people that are knee-jerk reacting to the headline blurbs and not the full story nor looking at the actual methodology. Again, if a person's mental health is that fragile, then a billion things online could cause them to commit suicide. This is just a red herring.

If those don't scream empathy, then I don't know what will.
    Posted via CB10
    How can I lack empathy over a suicide that didn't happen? I didn't mock anyone committing suicide. I didn't condone suicide or anything callous. And I stand by my statement that people that may be in an emotionally fragile state SHOULD NOT use FB. The experiment didn't create negative posts, it just skewed slightly more one way of the other based on the friend's actual posts. If someone could be affected by this experiment, they could be affected by normal use, depending on their friends and their posts. Personally, I think everyone should cut ties with FaceBook.

This is ridiculous, arguing about a lawsuit that's has no damages and a suicide that there is no evidence of actually happening, only theory and conjecture.

I'm outski...
    07-01-14 11:39 PM
    How can I lack empathy over a suicide that didn't happen? I didn't mock anyone committing suicide. I didn't condone suicide or anything callous. And I stand by my statement that people that may be in an emotionally fragile state SHOULD NOT use FB. The experiment didn't create negative posts, it just skewed slightly more one way of the other based on the friend's actual posts. If someone could be affected by this experiment, they could be affected by normal use, depending on their friends and their posts. Personally, I think everyone should cut ties with FaceBook.

This is ridiculous, arguing about a lawsuit that's has no damages and a suicide that there is no evidence of actually happening, only theory and conjecture.

I'm outski...
    In your opinion, Goodnight again and good luck.
    http://scholarsandrogues.com/2014/06...n-explanation/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-02-14 at 12:15 AM.
    07-01-14 11:44 PM
    I wasn't trying to start a debate on suicide itself and didn't intend for the thread to get serious so fast but it is what it is.
    The point I was trying to make is that any one thing if timed right. Can push someone over the edge. All it really takes is that one negative comment, action, or feeling to send someone there.
    When a company with shareholders that is publicly traded does something like this on a massive scale 700k users is the equivalent of a small city or several college campuses combined it is not a small matter.

It does make you wonder if Mr. Zuckerberg would have dared to try this a few years ago when Facebook was still small.

For those concerned my mother passed 20 years ago long before Facebook, MySpace or any other social site. I wasn't trying to say her death had anything to do with the topic at hand.

I don't care if other people want a bb10 device I wanted one and that's all that matters.
    07-02-14 09:39 AM
    All I want is everyone is aware of this and spread the news

#BBFactCheck
    07-02-14 10:01 PM
82 ... 234