I think the concern is not so much about the authorities using tools to spy on criminals or terrorists but rather wether these authorities and tools are being used to spy on average citizens.
    Point taken. And in the case of the NSA rumor has it you MAY be right.
    03-09-17 12:30 PM
    I never really understood these threads, and/or questions. IF you are using your phone to commit crime, certainly the authorities are going to use EVERY tool at their disposal to investigate and ultimately try to bring you to justice! The FBI, CIA, NSA and even local police do indeed have tools and experts they can consult and use to "crack" and/or get evidence from devices used while someone was engaged in suspected criminal activity! They have a right and a responsibility to do this! I was even (in the minority) on the government's side against apple when then wanted access to that terrorist's iPhone!

DON'T COMMIT CRIME! And you won't have an issue.
    You're confused. This has nothing to do with avoiding prosecution for illegal activity. This has everything to do with defending the 4th amendment and our constitutional rights.

Now what happens when you have an intelligence agency that operates without real oversight and does not have the best interests of the citizens of the united states in mind; when they blackmail politicians into following the their agenda rather than the agenda of the people?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 01:30 PM
    The government has liely been monitoring and hacking us for years. Does anything change now because we have been told of it?
    Disclosure of such illegal activity in which the CIA has been engaging is step one.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 01:34 PM
    I think the concern is not so much about the authorities using tools to spy on criminals or terrorists but rather wether these authorities and tools are being used to spy on average citizens.
    Or on politicians to gather information for blackmail.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 01:36 PM
    If the CIA is hoarding zero-days without telling the OEM then the only people who know about them are the CIA, whoever they bought it from (if applicable; some of the vulnerabilities in the documents were from GCHQ or private third parties), and whichever state entities manage to learn/steal it from them (Five Eyes, etc). While the CIA has a token responsibility to the Constitution, foreign agencies don't even have to pay lip service to it when operating in the US. The manufacturers and the users are left vulnerable until either a leak pulls the curtains open, or the issue at hand is found independently.

These vulnerabilities are so secret that the FBI dropped a case rather than divulging just how they managed to beat Tor. Maintaining secrecy of the vulnerability is that important to them.

I hope the rest of the Vault 7 iceberg comes out soon, that'd be fun.
    03-09-17 02:03 PM
    Remember the patriot act, well they also found out that there were a lot of FBI agents supposedly abusing the powers and they were snooping on their ex-wives telephone conversations, etc.

I think they're doing their job by spying because every country in the world does it to everyone else, but there are some situations like this that happen. I wish I kept the link that talked about them snooping on their ex-wives and stuff, I would have to do a hard search for that.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2007/0...rse-we-thought
    03-09-17 02:47 PM
    Remember the patriot act, well they also found out that there were a lot of FBI agents supposedly abusing the powers and they were snooping on their ex-wives telephone conversations, etc.

I think they're doing their job by spying because every country in the world does it to everyone else, but there are some situations like this that happen. I wish I kept the link that talked about them snooping on their ex-wives and stuff, I would have to do a hard search for that.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2007/0...rse-we-thought
    This is the NSA, but still: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...ting/12937507/
    Mohammed Kamran likes this.
    03-09-17 02:52 PM
    I am glad that BlackBerry write about this incident.
    https://blogs.blackberry.com/2017/03...uard-your-car/

Also conducting Web meeting.
    https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/meetin...d=xk9ay53xmiel

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 03:18 PM
    I never really understood these threads, and/or questions. IF you are using your phone to commit crime, certainly the authorities are going to use EVERY tool at their disposal to investigate and ultimately try to bring you to justice! The FBI, CIA, NSA and even local police do indeed have tools and experts they can consult and use to "crack" and/or get evidence from devices used while someone was engaged in suspected criminal activity! They have a right and a responsibility to do this! I was even (in the minority) on the government's side against apple when then wanted access to that terrorist's iPhone!

DON'T COMMIT CRIME! And you won't have an issue.
    You're confused. This has nothing to do with avoiding prosecution for illegal activity. This has everything to do with defending the 4th amendment and our constitutional rights.

For the record, I do not know this person .
    03-09-17 03:26 PM
    Haha yup, it happens, good find.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-09-17 03:33 PM
60 123