BlackBerry to announce Year-End and Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2015 results March 27th.....Bla1ze
    I just read the above article well written by Bla1ze and my mind went straight to Chris. I have not been reading anything written by Chris since he wrote about the last quarterly report. My question now is Where is Chris Umiastowski? Wherever you are, always remember that March 27 is around the corner. I need you for an in depth analysis of the financial year and breaking it down to the level non financial expert like me can understand. Focus should be on revenue from software, especially QNX and BES10. Hardware sales figure is also important particularly the number of units of Passport sold. From these, we can actually know how well Chen is doing.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 05:54 AM
    Chris comes around every quarter. He's a android guy so I'm not sure why you expect him to be around this site more often...

Posted via CB10
    Randal Yandal and habs_fan like this.
    03-14-15 06:41 AM
    BB, like most manufacturers, doesn't break out sales by individual model type, so it would be unusual to get something like the number of Passports sold.
    03-14-15 11:04 AM
    I thought he went iOS?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-14-15 11:06 AM
    He usually always writes up a post breaking down the earnings call. I'm sure we'll see something from him around then.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:52 AM
    I thought he went iOS?

Lol. Tchocky. Tchocky. How are you. Any nice parades these days my friend?

Chris is good fella. Always enjoyed his quarter articles. Hope he comes back.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 03:27 PM
    I'm great!

Parades?

03-15-15 03:51 PM
    I'm great!

Parades?

I missed you, too my friend.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:26 PM
    Chris comes around every quarter. He's a android guy so I'm not sure why you expect him to be around this site more often...

Posted via CB10
    I thought he went iOS?

Anyway, he went mainstream, whatever he's using right now... :-)

Hope we get another article / break-down of the earnings call.

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-16-15 05:41 AM
    Readers here were so hard on him for telling it, as it was, but I kind of miss him.I don't think now is the time for his type of real time analyst,maybe sometime in the future when BB's dreams become a reality.
    03-16-15 05:52 AM
    Where is Chris?

12-18-15 10:50 AM
    he got chased away for buying an Android powered phone...such irony
    early2bed, TgeekB, JeepBB and 4 others like this.
    12-18-15 10:52 AM
    Since we have the Priv, I was hoping that he might come back.....

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 11:52 AM
    Since we have the Priv, I was hoping that he might come back.....

Posted via CB10
    me too but not sure if it will happen
    12-18-15 12:06 PM
    Why would he come back if he doesn't have a BlackBerry. This isn't really an interesting company from an investment perspective. It's a slow motion train wreck and the action has mostly already happened.
    12-18-15 12:09 PM
    Chris was great, but probably have moved on.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    00stryder likes this.
    12-18-15 12:19 PM
    Nah he got called out for many things. No need for him to return.

BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.2)
    12-18-15 01:23 PM
    The way the community turned on Chris was a real low point in the annals of CrackBerry.
    00stryder, rthonpm, m1a1mg and 2 others like this.
    12-18-15 02:47 PM
    The way the community turned on Chris was a real low point in the annals of CrackBerry.
    Not at all

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 07:13 PM
    What about James Richardson? Or Simon? Now that I think about it one of the only people I recognize who posts often is blaze

Sent from my Passport
    12-18-15 07:29 PM
    Nah he got called out for many things. No need for him to return.
    I remember him giving these wildly optimistic (and I'm being kind here) forecasts of BB's performance during all of 2013, including about the potential sale (IIRC, he was sure someone would offer at least $16 a share), all of which was taken almost as gospel here at CB, and when none of his predictions were remotely accurate, and he finally had to admit that BB was in serious trouble and that BB10 was (financially - not technologically) a massive failure, the fans here savaged him.

That was wrong, but Chris made the most basic mistake an analyst can make, which is giving advice about a company that he was emotionally invested in and heavily biased towards. Lots of other BB fans invested for the same reason (to "support" BB rather than to make money) and lots of people lost a lot of money. That didn't help.

But at the end of the day, Chris was a good guy and didn't really deserve what he was ultimately given, even if he helped set up his own fall from grace.
    12-18-15 10:13 PM
    Not at all

Posted via CB10
    It really was.
    12-19-15 02:42 AM
    Who cares

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 01:10 PM
    Who cares
    Not you, evidently.

I used to enjoy ChrisU's contributions. Yes, he often let his fondness for BB outweigh his stock market expertise... and could see the silver lining in the blackest cloud, but he provided an invaluable service in decoding the often complex issues around corporate finance. His take on the earnings reports was always a good read.

Shame he's gone IMO ... as was said above, once he started telling the BB10 story as the unfolding financial disaster for BB that it was, the uber-fans couldn't cope with him killing all their unicorns, and he was gone. I remember the storm that was unleashed when he started using an Android phone instead of a BB device. Irony indeed.
    Troy Tiscareno and DrBoomBotz like this.
    12-19-15 03:49 PM
    Shame he's gone IMO ... as was said above, once he started telling the BB10 story as the unfolding financial disaster for BB that it was, the uber-fans couldn't cope with him killing all their unicorns, and he was gone.
    If he had kept saying "everythings fine" and kept the android thing on the down low he could still be a hero to the "optimists"?
    12-19-15 04:36 PM
26 12