Ok so I'm getting a brand new Blackberry from RIM

and was wondering would I have to unlock it or something??

and which plan is canada would be the best for a 17 year old ?
    12-23-08 02:36 PM
    1ST off check to see what cell providers in Canada carry a BB! Then research them if theres more then one. I have no idea Im from the states. Ok then try to figure out what BB you want then chose what carrier works best in your area. I will try to find out what carriers are for canada.

Last edited by coachcurtisbusse; 12-23-08 at 03:02 PM.
    12-23-08 02:41 PM
    Uhm

First of all, Welcome to CrackBerry!

Secondly, you do not need to unlock any BlackBerry as long as you purchase it from the carrier that it is intended to be used on. Therefore, if you go with Rogers and get an 8900 or 9000 from them... no need to unlock. If you go with Telus, then you could get the Storm. etc etc

Third, be sure to consider which carrier has the best value and coverage when you go to purchase your device.

Finally, enjoy your new Berry!
    12-23-08 02:42 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

If you are getting one directly from BlackBerry, you can choose between Rogers/Fido or Telus/Bell/Virgin Mobile.

You will have to select a carrier and a data plan. Personally, I think the Curve on Virgin Mobile is the best value now. A big part of that, there are no system access fees, that is a saving of nearly $10 Month.
    12-23-08 02:42 PM

find out which of these providers best work in your province

Telus Mobility, Bell Mobility, and Rogers (including Fido) are the big players

TELUS Mobility - Canada's top wireless phone company = carry BB's

Mobility- bell.ca = carry BB's

both also have the storm, curve, & pearl maybe more.
    Last edited by coachcurtisbusse; 12-23-08 at 02:51 PM. Reason: add ,
    12-23-08 02:45 PM
    No No I'm saying that I'm getting one directly from RIM since my cuz works there..s oyeh..
    12-23-08 10:29 PM
    So say I go buy a BB curve right, than go find a plan from somewhere how would that work
    12-23-08 10:33 PM
    well Rogers has the best coverage, so if thats an issue for where you live or travel, i'd go with them. I've been with them for years so i don't really have any input for other carriers, but i'm happy with them
    12-23-08 10:43 PM
    I have a part-time job so I don't want it to be to expensive and all so rogers must be good ?
    12-23-08 10:46 PM
    well if u gonna get the phone get it. then get a free phone with whom eva you sign up with. keep it as a backup phone. I gave you some otpions shop around
    12-23-08 10:55 PM
    thanks man ill see wuts good.. lol i jus dunno wut to do cuz i need the fone for textin/talkin and lots of other stuff and tryin to find the cheapest deal..
    12-23-08 10:55 PM
    Dude post where you live! This might help us narrow it down based on our own experiences in that area.

You can also buy the unlock codes on eBay is the worst case scenario.
    12-24-08 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD