I'm not a heavy facebook user but I was a bit envious of my friends whose posts would show as from their iphone or whatever. So why, when I posted something from my bb, did it not show up as from my device? That was supposed to be one of the little perks

If it matters, I got the Torch *all hail the Torch* I freakin love it!
    12-11-10 10:01 PM
    Do you really care if it says sent from BB?
    12-11-10 10:02 PM
    If you post from the FB app on your BB, it will show that. You won't see it on your device, but if you look on the computer, it will show.
    12-11-10 10:20 PM
    If you post from the FB app on your BB, it will show that. You won't see it on your device, but if you look on the computer, it will show.
    That's the weird thing. I looked on my laptop later. I just wanted to see how cool it was but I got nuthin.

Thx for the response. I'll try again and see what happens
    12-11-10 10:24 PM
    Do you really care if it says sent from BB?
    Keep in mind the title of his thread, its his 1rst smart phone.
    I know it seems silly but looking back at my 1rst BB I was pretty darned amazed at the things I could do from it & wanted non smart phone friends to know I did it with my phone.
    frogpants likes this.
    12-11-10 10:26 PM
    If you post something directly from the Facebook application; then it will say "posted from BlackBerry". If you went to the actual facebook website from your phone, it will just label the source "moble web".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    frogpants likes this.
    12-12-10 02:06 AM
    I understand how you feel. I like when it says posted from my BB, too!

I have discovered that if I message someone on FB, it will say sent from my mobile device. When I post a status, it will say sent from FB for BB. But, if I post on someone else's status, it does not say anything about coming from a mobile device.

Are you using the FB app for BB or using your browser to go to FB? Maybe that makes a difference??
    frogpants likes this.
    12-12-10 09:10 AM
    Just about thhe only time it will say "via BlackBerry" is when you post a status update from your phone. If you comment on someones wall, comment on their status, etc. it won't show "via BlackBerry". Does it really matter if you says where you posted from?
    12-12-10 09:57 AM
    I'm not a heavy facebook user but I was a bit envious of my friends whose posts would show as from their iphone or whatever. So why, when I posted something from my bb, did it not show up as from my device? That was supposed to be one of the little perks

If it matters, I got the Torch *all hail the Torch* I freakin love it!
    If you post using the fb app it will say that - or at least it does for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD