Hi,
    I own a beautiful Torch 9810 and recently moved to Germany. I signed up with Vodafone but their support of Blackberry was dreadful. I was roaming and couldn't connect to Blackberry services and was told flatly it doesn't work while roaming. Total rubbish, so I called again... same answer. That added to the 300MB download limit with no possibility to buy more, and ripoff long distance rates, it's time for me to ditch Vodafone.

How do the other German service providers fare in terms of Blackberry support and cost of use? T-Mobile, O2, E-plus, etc?

Thanks in advance
    02-12-13 03:18 PM
    Hi,
    I own a beautiful Torch 9810 and recently moved to Germany. I signed up with Vodafone but their support of Blackberry was dreadful. I was roaming and couldn't connect to Blackberry services and was told flatly it doesn't work while roaming. Total rubbish, so I called again... same answer. That added to the 300MB download limit with no possibility to buy more, and ripoff long distance rates, it's time for me to ditch Vodafone.

How do the other German service providers fare in terms of Blackberry support and cost of use? T-Mobile, O2, E-plus, etc?

Thanks in advance
    I just moved from germany to El Paso a few months ago after living there many years. As you've noticed, each provider has something different to offer. Using a Blackberry as it's designed to do and get the full use of it, you'll need unlimited everything. It might be a bit more costly but Telecom provided me with outstanding service. My wife and girls used Vodafone though. E-plus was ok, but they wouldn't give me unlimited data at that time. I would recommend you go to each and ask them what they can offer you, then pick the best provider. Just remember, the price isn't everything over there. Be sure to check the speed of service for the price they quote you. Good luck!
    02-13-13 09:09 AM
    I use O2 and am quite satisfied. BIS is around 5EUR (on top of whatever contract you chose). So i have unlimited data, unlimited sms (national), 100min free outgoing calls, BIS, and i can cancel my contract whenever i want (no two year contract or such). I pay ca. 25EUR/month. I have that contract since two years already, so you might find a better deal

Telekom and Vodafone will give you the the best net all over Germany, countryside or city. O2 can be a bit behind sometimes if you're in the countryside, but it is less pricey and i never had a problem. I didn't hear the best about E-plus when it comes to connectivity.

Anyway, even though i have BIS when i was roaming outside of Germany it didn't work - like you said. No problem for me since i had wifi every now and then. Now that i think of it, my BBs factory setting is data services switched off while roaming (i didn't switch it on since i was a bit afraid of additional costs and didn't need it at the time). You might need to check if BIS is working during roaming if you switch it on (might add costs if it works but idk).
    02-13-13 04:08 PM
    not sure what your problem with vodafone was. It worked fine for me in Germany
    02-13-13 04:34 PM