I have a BB Curve 8320. In BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites. under asia pacific, second column, go to SmarTone-Vodafone, put some info in, then you can download any software (I downloaded the first one). Run the software through desktop manager and you can select language input 'pinyin' and some other options. Install it on you BB curver 8320, yo can read and type (shortcut ALT + ENTER) chinese.
    05-21-08 08:43 PM
    Wait... is this a question? Or instructions to something?
    05-22-08 12:08 AM
    I downloaded the Chinese software (both the traditional to simplified and the Chinese input method software), but when it tries to activate the service, I cannot get it to activate. Do you need a account with Smartone-Vodafone?

Please explain how you did this. I use T-Mobile from the US, but I am based in China.
    05-22-08 01:20 AM
    To otacon, this is an instruction.

To jhuang155, did you download devise software from blackberry?
    05-22-08 01:45 PM
    Hey guys, I also have T-mobile. I tried to download the smartphone-vadafone software, but whenever I tried to use application loader, none of the installed application that orginally came with the hand-held device would show up, definitely there was no option for chinese pinyin or anything. I called the t-mobiles guys, and they had me download their latest handheld soft version 4.2.2.180, which matched the actual cell phone's version. Then when I used application loader, all the installed application does show up, include the option to add new languages, like greek, italian, but not chinese. So basically, the vadafone version is 4.2.2.184, which didn't match the cell phone's version, and thus the application loader doesn't work. I called RIM and they basically said to have chinese language support, the service provider has to support it, in this case, t-mobile, which doesn't. So, I guess all T-mobile users are out of luck unless there is a third party application that is separate from the hand-held software (the OS). Does anyone know of a pinyin and stroke input software that I can download which doesn't require any subscription to some service?? I'm really deperate.
    06-20-08 01:42 AM
    How could I use chinese pinyin input method on the 8700g (OS 4.5)?
    04-07-09 03:50 AM
    if you download the latest update from one of the East Asian carriers you should be able to select pinyin.
    04-07-09 04:20 AM
    hopefully they will come in storm
    04-07-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD