This was an awesome response to all the non sence, small MDM players are spreading on CNBC and on the web.

He has made it clear that he is not the one to sit down and take all the false rumors and negative spins everyone keeps throwing at BlackBerry.

I would love to have this echo on its marketting...Great Job Mr Chen so far.

This is a great divergence from BlackBerry usual muted response and that is exactly what is needed.

"We are not a small VC backed pure play MDM player seeking additional funds every year " - John Chen...Loud and Clear

I agree with some of the comments that actions speak louder than words and yes eventually he will have to prove that.. No none knows the answer to that...we will have to wait and watch...
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB10user07; 12-02-13 at 06:37 PM.
    12-02-13 11:59 AM
    This was an awesome response to all the non sence, small MDM players are spreading on CNBC and on the web.

He has made it clear that he is not the one to sit down and take all the false rumors and negative spins everyone keeps throwing at BlackBerry.

I would love to have this echo on its marketting...Great Job Mr Chen so far.

Posted via CB10
    Question is, how much and what will be spun on CNBC, CNN, and the blogesphere

Posted via my Z10 (BB#22) featuring Channel C0031BD24
    12-02-13 12:06 PM
    This thread makes me think of Katy Perry ....just saying
    12-02-13 12:08 PM
    source?

-----------------------
    12-02-13 12:11 PM
    source?

-----------------------
    Check the CB news page.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 12:13 PM
    If we have to go there why discuss it here?
    12-02-13 12:14 PM
    An Open Letter To Customers
    12-02-13 12:17 PM
    So that Kevin gets double ad revenue?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 12:22 PM
    I think he hit the nail on the head when he compared BlackBerry's achievements and current status in the enterprise world Vs the competitors.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    12-02-13 12:23 PM
    I see no reason to bash a company in trouble. All these media outlets are attacking as if Blackberry killed their families. Seriously, Why do they want blackberry to die off so fast. Let the company be. This is just a different form of bullying.
    12-02-13 12:24 PM
    I think he hit the nail on the head when he compared BlackBerry's achievements and current status in the enterprise world Vs the competitors.

Posted via CB10
    Yes he did..you need to grab bull by the horns...They have got the best MDM solution, by far the best security and largest enterprise customer base...Let this send shivers down the spine of those small MDM players who were beating there IPO drum on CNBC last week.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 01:08 PM
    All bark and no bite so far.

Good to hear but I want to see real results.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    JeepBB, m1a1mg, dantr0nz and 4 others like this.
    12-02-13 01:18 PM
    God you're lazy.

And yes, Chen is coming out strong. Look, he's actually got something to lose. He's known from his success in SAP. He can't let his legacy be tarnished. He's gonna go all out, in a methodical way.

Like a seriel killer determined to kill his prey...*catching up on Dexter*

Posted via CB10
    PygmySurfer likes this.
    12-02-13 01:23 PM
    Hopefully he backs up the rhetoric with action. Everyone thought Heins was saying all the right things to and we know how that played out. Sorry but I think their is a lot of negative corporate culture that needs to be purged and while talk and letters are nice, I'll need to see some action before I believe in the measages.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-02-13 01:57 PM
    Hopefully he backs up the rhetoric with action. Everyone thought Heins was saying all the right things to and we know how that played out. Sorry but I think their is a lot of negative corporate culture that needs to be purged and while talk and letters are nice, I'll need to see some action before I believe in the measages.

Posted via CB10
    I too would like to believe in the massages.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 02:04 PM
    Hopefully he backs up the rhetoric with action.
    To some extent, rhetoric is action, when it comes to public perception. Chen is making the right move by not letting the critics define the story. The rhetoric is absolutely necessary to counter the perception that BlackBerry has thrown in the towel.

Will he have any rhetoric to spare for the consumer market?
    12-02-13 02:20 PM
    As as system integrator for enterprise customers, this letter is of huge importance.

A clear message stating that BlackBerry will continue to develop and manufactor devices is very important in order to address uncertainity in the market.

Secondly it seems that the new "captain" is more focused on the business model than "laser focused on delivering BB10" (nothing wrong with that, but the business to go with BB10 just failed).

It's been very strange to see the developer part of BlackBerry doing so well (BB Jams, Alex Saunders talking/twitting etc.) but the business part being completely silent. Hopefully Mr. Chen is able to address this on an ongoing basis.
    dusdal and Karan Mohal like this.
    12-02-13 03:00 PM
    From reading the letter, it's obvious that John Chen has the eye of the tiger. He's, a fighter, dancing through the fire. And, because he's a champion, louder than a lion, you're going to hear him roar.
    m1kr0, _dimi_, wyrdfool and 1 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:03 PM
    Chen's letter is like a tiger roaring...

Chen's letter is like a tiger roaring...-untitled.png

And Tony thinks BB10 is .....
    bbaleno, epark88, jpvj and 3 others like this.
    12-02-13 03:05 PM
    This is exactly what BlackBerry needs. Thor was a great operations and logistics guy, but we need someone who is more out spoken and who can let everyone know who BlackBerry is

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:10 PM
    I think one thing that people need to realize here is the bit about going back to their roots. In other words make communication devices for companies, not end users. Although with the BYOD rampant, they might need some devices the end users will want. I am thinking though that BES10 has a high profit margin and that's where they are focusing. and not trying to win the handset wars.
    12-02-13 03:20 PM
    Actions speak louder than words. We've all heard this before.

While I'd love it to be true... We've been here before.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-02-13 03:28 PM
    Been with BB through the good and the bad. Heck, it really can't go worse than it already is. Anything worse is bust. Don't think for a moment I haven't contemplated bust, but this time, for some strange reason, I tend to be more optimistic. Let's see your moves, Mr Chen. You can't do worse than your predecessor and I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You sure are making the right noises - don't know if they are roars, but let's roar ahead then!
    12-02-13 03:51 PM
    Guess some just got "Chen Checked!".

The naysayers? Idk, it just sounded good.

Looking for the real vijik. Q10
    12-02-13 04:03 PM
    Well, for me it's refreshing to see the CEO actually setting the record straight with its enterprise customers in a pro-active, rather than a reactive manner. At least we know now where BlackBerry will focus its efforts and future plans.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    neteng1000 likes this.
    12-02-13 04:45 PM
94 123 ...