If some iOS 8 features did exist on BB10, BlackBerry should have advertised them properly last year. Instead they put out a commercial featuring an empty skateboard which rolled past a dog.

Chen saying anybody copied BB10 would reiterate their marketing was a total failure. He's smarter than that.
    Agreed. BlackBerry's ads for BB10 should have focused only on the unique features from the beginning. In this business, no good idea goes un-copied forever.
    06-05-14 08:45 AM
    Agreed. BlackBerry's ads for BB10 should have focused only on the unique features from the beginning. In this business, no good idea goes un-copied forever.
    The issue is that the one feature (message reply) wasn't available then. It just came with 10.2 which is only a few months old. They didn't have that feature to advertise anyway.
    06-05-14 08:52 AM
    Chen should go all out promoting 10.2 functions.
    Get it on media. Spread it first. Show what 10.2 has been doing and all the great features we wow when we upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2.

And at the same time, spread to the world what's coming with 10.3.
    Share it on blogs, tech media whichever that are not biased towards particular products.

Posted via my Aristo Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    How about releasing 10.3 and then spreading the word. They announce 10.3 and then release 6 or 8 months later and then it loses its fizz. They need to announce and release on all carriers immediately. Until BlackBerry changes this, they will keep beating their heads against the wall. As fast as technology moves and changes, they need to move swiftly with these OS upgrades. I know it's easier said than done, but I don't know how else to slice it.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 08:56 AM
    If some iOS 8 features did exist on BB10, BlackBerry should have advertised them properly last year. Instead they put out a commercial featuring an empty skateboard which rolled past a dog.

Chen saying anybody copied BB10 would reiterate their marketing was a total failure. He's smarter than that.
    Spot on Birdman. I just find the last several years really sad when you look at what BB10 really is compared to the public / media perception of it. All BlackBerrys fault mind you, but still sad.

PROUD to be the 1%! Z10 on T-Mobile USA - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    06-05-14 09:06 AM

Add to that Chen being the first face of BlackBerry that a great many folks would see, and assume he's been in charge for the last few years. I've already had this happen twice.
    06-05-14 09:47 AM
    The issue is that the one feature (message reply) wasn't available then. It just came with 10.2 which is only a few months old. They didn't have that feature to advertise anyway.
    That's true. Maybe the hub and time shift features at launch?
    06-05-14 10:29 AM
    Does the HUB have a patent??

Because, in case, how much time takes Apple and Samsung to copy it claiming it's their?????

06-05-14 10:30 AM
    Does the HUB have a patent??

Because, in case, how much time takes Apple and Samsung to copy it claiming it's their?????

Hubs have been done before, by Samsung. They dropped that feature and stopped improving it a long time ago. Way before BB10 was out.

Also when did Apple claim anything was theirs and why are people crying so much about this.

The stench of vulnerability and envy is overpowering these forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-05-14 10:37 AM
    Hubs have been done before, by Samsung. They dropped that feature and stopped improving it a long time ago. Way before BB10 was out.

Also when did Apple claim anything was theirs and why are people crying so much about this.

The stench of vulnerability and envy is overpowering these forums.

Not quite sure about that: my old BlackBerry 8110 yet had one icon collecting all messages from email boxes and sms before Android started to be used by smartphones...

Also this "Android had it before" modality has to be proven: I used to have Samsung Galaxys S2, S3 and they lacked a lot.

06-05-14 10:50 AM
    Not quite sure about that: my old BlackBerry 8110 yet had one email icon with all messages before Samsung had Android...

That's not a hub. That's a universal inbox.

Lol

The Samsung Hub bought in PIM data with IM accounts, Social Media Accounts, etc. It was an actual hub not just a universal email inbox, which even Windows Mobile and other OSes back there had...

😉😅😂

BB may be able to patent certain aspects of their implementation, but they'd get laughed at if they try to patent "the hub." There are numerous prior art showing they didn't invent that - not even close.

I'd even say other OEM/OS decision to remove their hubs show just how few people really actually care about it.

People here talk about it because, frankly, it's all they can really talk about given the lack of competitive advantages this platform has compared to the other major players.

06-05-14 10:52 AM
    That's not a hub. That's a universal inbox.

Lol

The Samsung Hub bought in PIM data with IM accounts, Social Media Accounts, etc. It was an actual hub not just a universal email inbox, which even Windows Mobile and other OSes back there had...

������
    BBM was in also, if I recall. Whatsapp had yet to be invented (or copied from BBM)...

06-05-14 10:59 AM
    BBM was in also, if I recall. Whatsapp had yet to be invented (or copied from BBM)...

Samsung didn't develop what's app so what does it have to do with anything?

We know what a hub is. This stuff has existed years before BB "invented" it.

06-05-14 11:02 AM
    Apple's changes make news because they are the company that designers look to for UI direction. If I were Chen I would mention this in passing in interviews (in a "we're glad they finally saw the light" fashion) but I'd focus on getting my products out there, making UX a priority and increasing mindshare. That's the only way to win.
    06-05-14 11:05 AM
    Samsung didn't develop what's app so what does it have to do with anything?

We know what a hub is. This stuff has existed years before BB "invented" it.
    I know Samsung didnt develop whatsapp, you didnt understand me.

If BBM was in the universal box (wich I can't recall frankly), that was yet mostly an HUB years ahead Android was used in smartphones.

I used Nokia Symbian before BlackBerry and I can't recall nothing collecting different kind of messages in Symbian.

Also Android is an OS, if Samsung or HCT did an HUB before BlackBerry, that was not Android.
    06-05-14 11:08 AM
    If BBM was in the universal box (wich I can't recall frankly), that was yet mostly an HUB years ahead Android was used in smartphones.

I used Nokia Symbian before BlackBerry and I can't recall nothing collecting different kind of messages in Symbian.

Also Android is an OS, if Samsung or HCT did an HUB before BlackBerry, that was not Android.
    My last post was the extent that I will discuss it. BBOS did not have a hub. Samsung gad that in early 2010 on the first Galaxy S phone.

WebOS also had Synergy.

No BlackBerry hub existed the.

06-05-14 11:10 AM
    So if nobody cares who came out with what first. Than why were people praising blackberry for the law suit against typo.
    Just an observation. But be it hardware or software it all gets copied in one form or another. Is blackberry sub par, not at all, are they top of the food chain....no.
    It all boils down for marketing and reliability the way I see it.
    No?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:38 AM
    So if nobody cares who came out with what first. Than why were people praising blackberry for the law suit against typo.
    Who outside forums like this gave a crap? Go outside and start asking people about the lawsuit and how much they cared about it, you'll get the same sorts of reactions as if you were a widow-licker.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-05-14 11:43 AM
    ...as if you were a widow-licker.
    Ew.
    06-05-14 02:09 PM
    06-05-14 06:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Typo was a very clear violation of BBRY's "trade dress". It would confuse people into thinking another company's product was Blackberry's. Hence the (victorious) lawsuit and injunction.

That was clear-cut, and a sensible business decision. It is not inconsistent to praise that suit, while agreeing with you that good features of one device will inevitably show up in other devices from other companies. Maybe the originator has a patent and can sue. But if not, it is a sign of weakness to whine publicly about it.

I used to cringe when Apple did this, back in the day, with stuff like "Redmond, start your photocopiers." Tacky and weak.
    06-05-14 08:11 PM
95 ... 234