Yep, my z10, without a case, has been dropped from significant heights many times. The battery cover pops off and the battery falls out. Just put the battery back in and fire it up. No problem.
    That's not unusual considering that these phones have small screens and large bezels - the bezels take the beating and protect the glass. Far more Z30s have broken, but it's not because of a design flaw, but simply the design - the screen takes up much more of the frontal area and the bezels are far smaller.

It's no different with any other phone. If the screen is large and the bezels small (which is what the vast majority want today), it's going to break much more easily than a small screen with big bezels - regardless of who made the phone.
    06-30-16 10:50 PM
    That's not unusual considering that these phones have small screens and large bezels - the bezels take the beating and protect the glass. Far more Z30s have broken, but it's not because of a design flaw, but simply the design - the screen takes up much more of the frontal area and the bezels are far smaller.

It's no different with any other phone. If the screen is large and the bezels small (which is what the vast majority want today), it's going to break much more easily than a small screen with big bezels - regardless of who made the phone.
    Troy my caseless Z30 is also running great after multiple drops. My experience is that BlackBerry phones are durable.

Meanwhile at work, or with friends the even smaller screened iPhone 5s just keep on cracking.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 11:25 PM
    The iPhones are glass all the way to the edge - that's what gives them the "premium feel" but also why they're easier to break.
    07-01-16 02:11 PM
    The iPhones are glass all the way to the edge - that's what gives them the "premium feel" but also why they're easier to break.
    Reason for the love-hate relationship with the Priv's curved glass. One hand because the phone itself is so effing huge, the curved glass makes it feels narrower and bearable. But on the other hate it because I have a hard time finding a glass protector for the screen, and dare not use the phone without the glass and a case, because if you drop it, the impact is on the glass, not the bezel.
    07-01-16 08:46 PM
104 ... 345