"Chen knows it has been a long time since BlackBerry had a hit, but said the company still has an opportunity to put out BB10-based devices that people will actually want to buy."

He actually admits that no one wants to buy the current phones...nice going
    The first step in fixing a problem is admitting there is a problem.
    01-12-14 12:36 AM
    "�How you get sick is not the concern of the doctor,� Chen said. �The concern is how to fix you.�

This is kind of wrong, unless the doctor only wants to treat the symptoms and not to actually cure you.
    I think he means that the FOCUS is on how to fix the problem. For example, the doctor isn't too concerned about from where/how you picked up the flu, but how to treat it.
    01-12-14 08:20 AM
    I think he means that the FOCUS is on how to fix the problem. For example, the doctor isn't too concerned about from where/how you picked up the flu, but how to treat it.
    He didn't say where, he said how. And how it's pretty important.
    01-12-14 08:24 AM
    Ya, that was actually a terrible line. What they did wrong is what got them where they're at. To ignore it would be highly obtuse.
    I can't imagine he's ignoring what was done -- just trying to re-direct the press away from re-hashing it again and again. That's how I read it anyway.
    01-12-14 08:32 AM
    Lol, how was I supposed to research my Q10 deleting 3 months of emails and all my texts in the future?
    It's called backing up. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

When I restore from backup, everything comes back, right up to the last text before the backup. Quite nice!
    01-12-14 08:34 AM
    It's called backing up. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

When I restore from backup, everything comes back, right up to the last text before the backup. Quite nice!
    Would that bring back emails too?
    01-12-14 08:41 AM
    Hmm, IMHO Chen's strategy to focus on enterprise is wrong. Except small number of various agencies around the world that need highly regulated operational environment everything else is consumer. I thought that enterprise focus had brought BBRY to current position. Also, most of mobile business apps are available on iOS and Android which are seen as consumer devices, and not available on BB10 or legacy BBRY OSes so all of my colleagues using IOS or Android are more productive than me. I really love my Z10 and I loved my 9900 but BBRY needs to rethink their strategy completely, and maybe even to dump QNX as core of they OS. Success in mobile market is located far beyond just focus on enterprise.
    01-12-14 09:38 AM
    This quote:

"How you get sick is not the concern of the doctor. The concern is how to fix you."

Is similar to Buddha's teaching:

"The eradication of suffering is like freeing oneself of an impaled arrow. Do not linger too long in debate on how the arrow got in you. Just pull it out."

Clearly the Buddha has returned to us. He is the CEO of BlackBerry .
    Actually very wrong.

How you get sick is very important in some cases where diagnoses is hard like PARASITES in intestine dont show in standard poo tests unless you are actively shedding the parasites so knowing if you traveled and how you got it is very important.

1 in 3 people in America have a parasites. Lotta cases people feel weak or drained and the doctors cant figure it out. Usually its parasite.

Also, in Blackberrys case how they got sick is very important. Unwilling to change and adapt to current market trends. Refusal to go with market. This can happen again even if CHEN "fixs" them they can get sick again fi they dont learn how they got sick.

I like Chen but this recent posts makes me lose faith in him a bit. :*(
    01-12-14 01:17 PM
    we shall see, we shall see.....
    01-12-14 01:35 PM
    Hmm. As an Asian with moderate interest in philosophy, all I can say is this feels a bit much like tattooing mysterious kanji all over oneself without thinking of the meaning.

Buddha's quote is bad advice if you are sitting in the middle of an active war field. Yank out the arrow, two more are in your rear before you have tossed away the stick. And that, I think, applies more to BBRY's situation. They can't just sit there yanking out the arrows without taking a look around and making higher level plans as the battle rages. And that is where I have a real problem with Chen's comment. He can't consider himself the surgeon; he has to consider himself the general, directing his lieutenants and surgeons.
    It is easy to twist this around given different details not included. Generally, a surgeon would not be on the battlefield, but in a hospital. Even if you did get hit with two more arrows, the treatment would still be the same. Don't get caught up on this one tree, see the whole forest...
    01-12-14 02:04 PM
    You guys are Hyping Chen up way too much sorta like Heins, if Chen doesn't deliver all hell will break loose.

We all want blackberry to succeed but don't set your selves up for more dissapointment.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:20 PM
    You guys are Hyping Chen up way too much sorta like Heins, if Chen doesn't deliver all hell will break loose.

We all want blackberry to succeed but don't set your selves up for more dissapointment.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, there's only do much a CEO can go.
    01-12-14 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    We're paraphrasing each other.

But, I agree.
    01-12-14 03:19 PM
    It's fun.

It was fun giving Thorsten his apotheosis to Thor.

Now it's Chen's turn.

Nice bit of drama.
    01-12-14 05:54 PM
    Chen so far seems to be the person Blackberry needs right now to turn it around. He is saying all the right things and making good decisions. Is it enough to save Blackberry? Only time will tell, but I hope he succeeds.

Sent from my iPod touch using CB Forums mobile app
    Let's not forget most people felt the same way about Thorston when he became the CEO.
    01-12-14 06:42 PM
    Wow, you guys are really digging into the specifics of this quote!

It's not that serious lol. Let the man work and sit back and enjoy the show. Debate his actions, not his words

Posted with my Q10!
    01-12-14 08:17 PM
    Actually very wrong.

How you get sick is very important in some cases where diagnoses is hard like PARASITES in intestine dont show in standard poo tests unless you are actively shedding the parasites so knowing if you traveled and how you got it is very important.

1 in 3 people in America have a parasites. Lotta cases people feel weak or drained and the doctors cant figure it out. Usually its parasite.

Also, in Blackberrys case how they got sick is very important. Unwilling to change and adapt to current market trends. Refusal to go with market. This can happen again even if CHEN "fixs" them they can get sick again fi they dont learn how they got sick.

I like Chen but this recent posts makes me lose faith in him a bit. :*(
    Actually very wrong.

How you get sick is not actually important when you're being admitted to a doctor. The concern of the doctor is to fix you.

For example, if a doctor were presented a patient bleeding to death from fatal trauma (car accident perhaps) the immediate concern is not how the patient gets the injury (speeding perhaps, or a troll crossed the street), the immediate concern is stopping the bleeding and saving his life.

During the process of fixing the patient, the doctor may NEED to know what went wrong, but Chen's words actually has merits.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    01-12-14 09:55 PM
    Actually very wrong.

How you get sick is not actually important when you're being admitted to a doctor. The concern of the doctor is to fix you.

For example, if a doctor were presented a patient bleeding to death from fatal trauma (car accident perhaps) the immediate concern is not how the patient gets the injury (speeding perhaps, or a troll crossed the street), the immediate concern is stopping the bleeding and saving his life.

During the process of fixing the patient, the doctor may NEED to know what went wrong, but Chen's words actually has merits.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    Actually Wrong,

But because neither I, the previous poster, you or Chen are doctors I asked someone who is a surgeon.

In many cases the cure is dependant on the cause, a snake bit for example is difficult to treat unless you know exactly what snake bit someone. A bullet wound is difficult to treat unless you know someone was shot, find the entry and exit (sometimes there isn't an exit) wound.

None of us are doctors,

Like I said before just let Chen do his job and don't read too much into what he says.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:03 PM
    haha, I think people get caught up in all this literal explanations about Chen's analogies. He has done a ton of good moves now that he's back and I believe he can pull it off in great fashion.
    01-12-14 11:39 PM
    How does that apply to BlackBerry? Chen knows the issues and can fix them. That is what he is saying. Some people just need to go into every thread and nit pick and disagree just for the sake of it. The focus is not the analogy and how he stated it. The focus is he believes he can fix it.

Posted via CB10
    Great posts Ray. Love them. Thank God there is still some sensible people here.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    01-13-14 12:20 AM
    Actually Wrong,

But because neither I, the previous poster, you or Chen are doctors I asked someone who is a surgeon.

In many cases the cure is dependant on the cause, a snake bit for example is difficult to treat unless you know exactly what snake bit someone. A bullet wound is difficult to treat unless you know someone was shot, find the entry and exit (sometimes there isn't an exit) wound.

None of us are doctors,

Like I said before just let Chen do his job and don't read too much into what he says.

Posted via CB10
    If the doctor knows what's wrong with you, he doesn't really need to know HOW it happened. For example, if he knows you were bitten by, say, a cobra. he can cure you. Without having to know the details (ex. Walking through tall grass when suddenly....) Anyways, it's irrelevant. The point is people are nitpicking. The point was clear. The analogy was spot on.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    01-13-14 12:24 AM
    Hmmm...ok. While the majority wants BlackBerry to move forward, I can see both sides of this - including the reasons for the wait-n-see mode. We'll find out soon enough.

sent by a prosumer from my outdated/unwanted, sexy z10 on OS .1925 w/. 1926 Radio. Yep..... "leaks" (*_~)
    01-21-14 06:50 PM
72 123