If he was doing his job well he would let the shop. blackberry site CONSTANTLY be showing out of stock. Its PATHETIC and having a negative impact on sales.

Posted via CB10
    Typical BlackBerry SMH

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:38 PM
    The fuh?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:46 PM
    What

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:47 PM
    Scared.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 12:17 AM
    Well, don't get me wrong. This passport was a gamble and it paid off.

So keeping stock as required, is actually wise.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    southlander and Thunderbuck like this.
    10-03-14 12:24 AM
    * rant* lolll

This reminds me of the bbm lineup

... yeah, all is great.. people are interested.. hype is up.. but it has already passed the point where non loyals are losing interest

BlackBerry wanted the majority of Canadians to wait a week in anxiety, then they totally stood us up in the the oct1 date and people started going home.

It really does feel like bbmx all over again lol.. because there was A LOT of non BlackBerry people genuinely interested in the passport, just like bbm.

The passport would be selling itself, just like bbm

How it is bbm had millions of downloads on the first day, but active bbm users only increased by a few million total?

Most of those people got tired of waiting.

Seriously. My contact list went up from 4 contacts ( all time low) to.. like 10 a month later.
    BlackBerry has idiots doing their sales and marketing.
    10-03-14 12:38 AM
    ... yeah, all is great.. people are interested.. hype is up.. but it has already passed the point where non loyals are losing interest
    EXACTLY!! Even for me I really want one bad and the hype got to me but with every day that passes my enthusiasm to get one decreases

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:24 AM
    EXACTLY!! Even for me I really want one bad and the hype got to me but with every day that passes my enthusiasm to get one decreases

Posted via CB10
    So, not really enthusiasm, more so hot flash in the pants? With new gadgets coming up like the note edge,i still am looking forward to this! Prefer red or all black though.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-03-14 01:30 AM
    I agree that not having the stock was a missed opportunity. But, perhaps they genuinely were taken off guard by the degree of enthusiasm for this product.

If that genuinely is the case then word of mouth will spread and the phone will sell well. Well, at least in my opinion. I figure it could be like a movie that has a slow opening weekend but does well over the coming weeks and months due to word of mouth. If owners dig the phone, then it will do well. The loyalists ponied up for the first 200 000. What happens next will be interesting.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 02:47 AM
    I totally agree OP...if you meant good...JC's doing his job so good it's bad...right?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:21 AM
    most of Chen's moves I agree with, and i think he's doing his job well. Not all of them, but that's offtopic.....
    10-03-14 04:26 AM
    Would you have preferred the Z10 fiasco all over again?

Forecasting sales is always tricky, not the least since he is working on a turnaround and thus doesn't have a set of good past data to work from. Perhaps BBRY could have upped their pre-sales inventory of the Passport given that it was their first major launch in almost 2 years, but to counter that is the uncertainty of the effect of the upcoming Classic. Now I wonder what sort of stockpile for the Classic is planned. Did the Passport potentially affect Classic sales? Positively or negatively?

All the OEMs have channel supply issues, for both good and bad. If you really want the phone, be patient.
    10-03-14 07:01 AM
    This belongs in the arm chair ceo sub- forum...
    Also this is a device that is not meant to be dropped to $1 on contract. It is a limited device by design and as such you won't see a ton of them out there. With only ship BlackBerry, and amazon selling it in North America it would be stupid to make a crap load of them. If they had more carriers wanting to sell it then I could see them making more but that is not the case. They have to be smart about inventory not repeat what happened with the z10.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    10-03-14 07:49 AM
    I want my passport!!! And if you won't give it to me NOW, BlackBerry I am not going to buy it hmm. That will teach you for making me wait. Sarcasm intended. Come on people relax breath

Posted via CB10
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    10-03-14 08:40 AM
    * badly.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-03-14 08:57 AM
    Producing a massive quantity and resulting in a massive write off would have been screwing up badly! Look, the media and consumers alike leading up to the launch laughed at the passport relentlessly. So if you were Chen you would be listening. You know have a great business device in hand, you know it's BlackBerry's most powerful phone to date on 10.3. So you market it squarely at enterprise, which the device was intended for. You make calculations on that size of audience who will buy within the next few months. Was 240 000 a reasonable amount. If you listened to the media and the consumers and all the tech sites, it was almost 240,000 too many. And don't forget he had to finance research and development, the fabrication etc before any revenues would be seen, if any! He definitely "screwed up", so to speak on the right side of the equation. What foiled his plans was the media and the consumer......they got it all wrong. Those 240,000 devices are currently in the hands of consumers and you can bet the back orders are also consumers. Enterprises usually sit back and see before they change over their organizations. 200,000 units is $120 million US retail in 2 days to a customer base that "wasn't buying" according to the media. I have ordered my passport, there is no way in hell I am cancelling. If I have to wait so be it. My daughter is still waiting for her Iphone 6 from Rogers, and she has been waiting longer. It is what it is. Chen and company......keep up the good work!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:29 AM
    It is what it is. Chen and company......keep up the good work!

Posted via CB10
    Ok... I guess you're right. Just a bit disappointed on how this was delt with but I get it.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:56 AM
    Love Chen btw he's the perfect man for the job

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:57 AM
    why?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:55 AM
    why?
    Having a crows attention span for shiny objects.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-03-14 12:40 PM
    I agree that not having the stock was a missed opportunity.
    In retrospect. But what if sales had been slow? It's very hard to forecast when a company has had a string of failed products but thinks the new one might have appeal. It's guesswork to a large degree.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-03-14 12:44 PM
    Why is it when apple is out of stock of the iPhone and the carrier tells you that they're not sure when there will be available stock, people just say "OK, looks like I'll wait a bit longer, no biggie". But blackberry runs low on stock of a phone and its "what a disaster, BlackBerry screwed up again!"?

Posted via my Zee Tree Zero!
    10-03-14 12:48 PM
    Why is it when apple is out of stock of the iPhone and the carrier tells you that they're not sure when there will be available stock, people just say "OK, looks like I'll wait a bit longer, no biggie". But blackberry runs low on stock of a phone and its "what a disaster, BlackBerry screwed up again!"?

Compare it to when there was zero stock of the PS4 across North America. What did people do? The waited it out because they were set on getting one. If you're changing your mind about the passport because you have to wait for the next shipment, it's safe to say you never really wanted one to begin with. You only really wanted the idea of having something new...

alternator77 and spikesolie like this.
    10-03-14 12:51 PM
    This^

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-03-14 01:26 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:30 PM
33 12