In terms of unit count, I got three groups of people taking it worldwide: in the India market, and definitely the China market, and the Indonesia market. [...] If you take that across the world, personally I would be disappointed if it were a million units. I would help them do more Marketing on that. So I really do believe that this is a multi-million unit a year situation.

(from BB's Q1 conference call).

Also, one of their partners is "very, very interested" in a BlackBerry tablet, and Chen says he's glad for that to go along too, as obviously they'd be getting more royalties. Let's bet its TCL
    03-31-17 10:35 AM
    I'm gunna go out on a limb and say yes, TCL
    03-31-17 10:35 PM
    And I might possibly. Maybe be interested in one of those tablets if it's secured the best It can be. Not really a tablet fan. Kinda handy when I grab the kindle to watch Netflix or something if I don't have a computer handy but that's really about all I use em for. If I'm gonna Web surf off the phone or do much that requires typing I'd rather do it on a big screen with a keyboard.
    03-31-17 10:58 PM
    Can't see any upside to a tablet. BlackBerry can't beat the Surface for functionality or the iPad for entertainment, and don't we have more than enough Android tablets? Would be another PlayBook, in the worst way.
    03-31-17 11:57 PM
    Can't see any upside to a tablet. BlackBerry can't beat the Surface for functionality or the iPad for entertainment, and don't we have more than enough Android tablets? Would be another PlayBook, in the worst way.
    The fact that it would be released with a full fleshed out android experience already puts it heads and shoulders above the playbook to begin with that was initially released with a half-baked OS. Let's be realistic here, it doesn't have to sell record numbers but even 1 million units would make it wildly more successful than the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 01:51 PM
    The fact that it would be released with a full fleshed out android experience already puts it heads and shoulders above the playbook to begin with that was initially released with a half-baked OS. Let's be realistic here, it doesn't have to sell record numbers but even 1 million units would make it wildly more successful than the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    Chen is talking about all new BlackBerry devices.
    04-16-17 11:47 PM
    A tablet with cross video platform would be nice with HDMI out and some key features not supported by other with strong marketing. Something they can’t seem to do with their long history of handhelds now. Otherwise why purchase a BBM tablet when those of us who jumped on the first wagon were thrown off?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 07:49 AM
    I expect all are hoping for this to be "a multi-million unit a year situation". As that's probably the only way Chen sees this licensing system to be viable for BlackBerry.
    04-17-17 08:38 AM
    I would be interested in a case style keyboard with touch gestures like the Passport/Priv/KEYᵒᶰᵉ
    04-17-17 09:18 AM
    I would be interested in a case style keyboard with touch gestures like the Passport/Priv/KEYᵒᶰᵉ
    I am too into windows tablets to buy anything else. Let's hope it is a windows tablet if they ever make one.

Windows tablets are the clear choice for productivity.
    ALToronto likes this.
    04-17-17 09:45 AM
    I am too into windows tablets to buy anything else. Let's hope it is a windows tablet if they ever make one.

Windows tablets are the clear choice for productivity.
    I agree with you 100% for the corporate workplace. I just can't see ever trying to work on an Android or iOS device.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-18-17 02:36 PM