I've noticed this ever since Mike L... Female financial reporters seem overly skeptical and a little bored at the same time when speaking with BlackBerry's CEOs.

Here's the latest clip, in which Chen, talks about Apple, competition, and implies that the reporter should be impressed by his hinting at activity without naming names or commenting in any substantive way. Not sure she buys it. She has "Is he a poser or just kind of creepy?" written all over her face.

Or, maybe, she actually wants to see the guy demonstrate how he plans to compete instead of just emphasize that he's willing to collaborate. I don't mind collaboration and competition with the same parties on the same playing field, but it feels like JC just withdraws from competition into a smaller and smaller niche. Maybe, she wants to see a little testosterone?

Or, maybe, I'm reading it entirely wrong.

BlackBerry's CEO open to working with Apple - Video - Technology
    04-28-15 06:48 PM
    I think you're digging a bit deep there but whatever lol.
    04-28-15 07:00 PM
    I think you're digging a bit deep there but whatever lol.
    :-) Personally, I think he should take some lessons from you. I'm a Bla1ze fan, like most of the rest of us who remain here, I'm sure, but if I were to turn on you, I pretty much guarantee Michelle from Twitter would gut me slowly and scream your name while I lay dying. Chen could use a little bit of that. Maybe, not quite *that* much... but a little bit.

Very glad that you are still running with the CB nation...
    04-28-15 07:17 PM
    Yup, read to much in to it. I do think she was digging for more actuals instead of the generalities; but that's her job.

I like his analogy of athletes competing but still being friends.

I think a better one would be an MMA fighter. They love to beat the pics out of each other but still go to each other's after parties. Lol.

Unfortunately right now BlackBerry is Anderson Silva as we lost the title and broke our leg trying to get it back... but at least we're not GSP; kinda retired and not sure if we want to come back.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    04-28-15 07:33 PM
    Yup, read to much in to it. I do think she was digging for more actuals instead of the generalities; but that's her job.

I like his analogy of athletes competing but still being friends.

I think a better one would be an MMA fighter. They love to beat the pics out of each other but still go to each other's after parties. Lol.

Unfortunately right now BlackBerry is Anderson Silva as we lost the title and broke our leg trying to get it back... but at least we're not GSP; kinda retired and not sure if we want to come back.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    Or like WWE wrestlers where one takes a basic standard move that another wrestler uses, gives it a fancy name, makes it his finisher, and then it becomes a super powerful, revelational move!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:45 AM