OK...I'm trying to think of how to phrase this...

My blackberry [email protected] there a way to check this on the web? I check this on the fly often, and it works VERY well for me. However, there has been a time or two where something has required a lengthy response, that would be easier to do on the computer than on the blackberry. Is there a way to access my account on the web?

Thanks so much!
    04-08-11 04:25 AM
    Nope, strictly on your blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 04:38 AM
    And that's one of the many, many reasons not to use that email address for anything.
    04-08-11 04:57 AM
    It's good for keeping emails private though

04-08-11 05:02 AM
    Thanks, everyone! I learned something today....much appreciated!
    04-08-11 09:55 AM
    Yes, there is... kinda. You can edit your BB's email account to "Auto Forward" to any email account you want. You can setup a separate gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc... account to only receive those emails. You can open them on your PC as normal.
    04-08-11 10:07 AM
    It's good for keeping emails private though

Agreed. I like having an email account that can't be accessed from the web, an account that someone can't try to hack by guessing passwords, answers to security questions, or by employing various other antics.

04-08-11 10:14 AM
    Yes, there is... kinda. You can edit your BB's email account to "Auto Forward" to any email account you want. You can setup a separate gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc... account to only receive those emails. You can open them on your PC as normal.
    Except when you reply to an email you get it will be from that gmail, yahoo, or hotmail account, not the BlackBerry email address.

04-08-11 10:20 AM
    Except when you reply to an email you get it will be from that gmail, yahoo, or hotmail account, not the BlackBerry email address.

So? create a "professional" sounding account instead of something like "startrekgeek@gmail dot com".

or how about soandso'sBlackberry at gmail?
    04-08-11 10:25 AM
    So? create a "professional" sounding account instead of something like "startrekgeek@gmail dot com".

or how about soandso'sBlackberry at gmail?
    Then why have a BlackBerry.net email in the first place? Gmail and yahoo are instant push just like the BlackBerry.net email is.

I get that you were just trying to help the OP, but if your forwarding an email account just so you can view and reply from it on the web then what's the point in having a BlackBerry.net account in the first place? Just seems dumb and redundant to me.

04-08-11 10:33 AM
    The OP asked if there was a quick way to check your BB's email on a PC to be able to reply in a more lengthy manner. This is the easiest way to do it, as far as I know. Whether it's dumb or redundant is not the point. If he needs to do it, then this should work.
    04-08-11 10:42 AM
    Another factor: accountability. People and outfits you pay (like your carrier for BIS) are accounable to you (unlike people and companies who provide you with a free service, like Google, yahoo, hotmail, etc.).

04-08-11 10:46 AM
    Because the OP wants to reply from his BlackBerry.net email address one "a time or two"

For the few times the OP wants to do this it would be better to just forward that single email to an existing email account, write the reply, and send it back to their BlackBerry.net account, then on to the original sender.

That would be a whole lot easy for their "time or two" than setting up an entirely new account and dealing with all the forwarding stuff. The original sender would even get a reply from the correct email that way too.

04-08-11 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD