Instructions from the Intelligolf site for testing the accuracy of the GPS.
    When I press the function key I only get "change option", call voice mail, etc.
    How can I find the menu that shows Refresh GPS on the 8830?

"On your Blackberry (BB 8800 in this example), please select the Settings icon from the main screen. Next, select Options, then Advanced Options, then GPS, and highlight Device GPS (that's the embedded GPS chip). Next, go outside and away from any buildings/trees so that you have a clear view of the sky. Use the Blackberry's function/menu key to bring up the the pull-down menu that shows Refresh GPS. Highlight and select Refresh GPS. That will tell the GPS chip to scan the sky for GPS satellites circling the Earth. After a couple minutes, the GPS screen will be refreshed and it will show you the number of satellites that your Blackberry found."

Thanks ahead of time.
    05-01-08 09:14 PM
    Instructions from the Intelligolf site for testing the accuracy of the GPS.
    When I press the function key I only get "change option", call voice mail, etc.
    How can I find the menu that shows Refresh GPS on the 8830?

"On your Blackberry (BB 8800 in this example), please select the Settings icon from the main screen. Next, select Options, then Advanced Options, then GPS, and highlight Device GPS (that's the embedded GPS chip). Next, go outside and away from any buildings/trees so that you have a clear view of the sky. Use the Blackberry's function/menu key to bring up the the pull-down menu that shows Refresh GPS. Highlight and select Refresh GPS. That will tell the GPS chip to scan the sky for GPS satellites circling the Earth. After a couple minutes, the GPS screen will be refreshed and it will show you the number of satellites that your Blackberry found."

Thanks ahead of time.
    Hummm. I have an 8830 also. When I highlight "Device GPS" and press the blackberry button, all I get is "Change Option, Save, Switch App. or Close." I don't see a refresh gps at all.

Just to be sure:
    Desktop, Options, Advanced Options, GPS, Highlight Device GPS (internal in BB), then press the BB button???
    05-02-08 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD