Lol I'm loving this effectively it means I paid $220 for my Z10 back in May 2013!

I'm going to head to wind and see what they have to offer.

Mind you right now I have 1gb, 400 Mins, unlimited sms and mms, no roaming in Canada for $45 plus tax.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-06-15 06:38 PM
    Unlocked and PAYG. No contract and No large monthly bills.

Posted via CB10
    Me too! Gotta love it

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 12:08 AM
    Lol I'm loving this effectively it means I paid $220 for my Z10 back in May 2013!

I'm going to head to wind and see what they have to offer.

Mind you right now I have 1gb, 400 Mins, unlimited sms and mms, no roaming in Canada for $45 plus tax.

Posted via CB10
    that's pretty good! Koodoo in Quebec offers Unlimited international text messages.unlimited free long distance,1 Go data,unlimited calls..+ all the other things like call display ,voice mail ect.for $43
    06-07-15 08:01 AM
    Just checked Rogers and I'm done!!! Awesome.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    06-07-15 10:00 AM
    So, is anyone noticing a decrease in their bill? I was hoping mine would decrease by the monthly amount I owed for my phone, but it appears not. I talked to a Rogers rep and they said my bill would not be any lower, despite my balance on the phone being zero. I questioned the rep. on this asking why if I no longer owed anything on my phone, why my bill isn't any cheaper. What I go back was that it was a percentage built into my bill (knew that) and doesn't change it when completed. I then asked about anything to get my bill lowered. After an awkward moment of silence they said there was really nothing they could do, so I said fine. Customer satisfaction wise, it would have been nice for Rogers do this automatically. Does anyone know how much Rogers charges to unlock phones? Mine is a Q10.
    06-08-15 10:58 AM
    How are you guys checking? By call-in or user portals?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about other providers but I use my Rogers online account to check my device balance, and for phones that have completed 2 our of 3 years, my device balance is now $0.00

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:23 AM
    So, is anyone noticing a decrease in their bill? I was hoping mine would decrease by the monthly amount I owed for my phone, but it appears not. I talked to a Rogers rep and they said my bill would not be any lower, despite my balance on the phone being zero. I questioned the rep. on this asking why if I no longer owed anything on my phone, why my bill isn't any cheaper. What I go back was that it was a percentage built into my bill (knew that) and doesn't change it when completed. I then asked about anything to get my bill lowered. After an awkward moment of silence they said there was really nothing they could do, so I said fine. Customer satisfaction wise, it would have been nice for Rogers do this automatically. Does anyone know how much Rogers charges to unlock phones? Mine is a Q10.
    $50.00

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:26 AM
    I had a similar discussion with Telus, but I didn't take their 'no' for an answer. I asked if I could terminate the contract without penalty, and the rep said that I could. Then I asked if I could activate my own phone on a new plan for $30/month (instead of the current $50). The rep said that I could. And then I asked if she really wanted her colleagues and me to go through the hassle of terminating and activating accounts, when they could simply switch me to a $30 plan, no contract. The rep checked with the customer retention dept, and they agreed.

So do call back and threaten to leave. They'll drop the price to keep you, and you won't need to unlock your phone.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    06-08-15 09:56 PM
    I had a similar discussion with Telus, but I didn't take their 'no' for an answer. I asked if I could terminate the contract without penalty, and the rep said that I could. Then I asked if I could activate my own phone on a new plan for $30/month (instead of the current $50). The rep said that I could. And then I asked if she really wanted her colleagues and me to go through the hassle of terminating and activating accounts, when they could simply switch me to a $30 plan, no contract. The rep checked with the customer retention dept, and they agreed.

So do call back and threaten to leave. They'll drop the price to keep you, and you won't need to unlock your phone.

$30 is great what do you get for it?
    06-09-15 05:08 AM
    unlock.canadagsm.ca. $20

DHS
    06-09-15 05:47 AM
    I just got a sms message from Bell to notify me of changes to my agreement and...

Terms : month to month
    1gb, my 10, unlimited after 6pm, cid, cw, vm.
    Price : $65

Is there any better deal

Z10
    06-09-15 06:24 AM
    I just got a sms message from Bell to notify me of changes to my agreement and...

Terms : month to month
    1gb, my 10, unlimited after 6pm, cid, cw, vm.
    Price : $65

Is there any better deal

Z10
    Check out Walmart,don't laugh! My koodoo in Quebec is $43 ...check it out above .lol
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    06-09-15 08:30 AM
    I've found that Koodo is a good carrier. Have never had any issues with them

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:34 AM
    $30 is great what do you get for it?
    It's actually for my son. 300 daytime minutes, unlimited evening and weekend minutes, unlimited texts, no data. He shares the data with me, and I pay $45/mo for 4GB.

06-09-15 08:50 AM
    I don't see any difference except for the price,I was on Bell,and many more goodies like unlimited long distance and unlimited calls,and when I travel inside Canada my # goes with me and no extra charges apply,nada! lol
    06-09-15 08:53 AM
    It's actually for my son. 300 daytime minutes, unlimited evening and weekend minutes, unlimited texts, no data. He shares the data with me, and I pay $45/mo for 4GB.

$45 ,,4 gb great if bell gave me that I would go back,no penalty fees,haha
    06-09-15 08:56 AM
    Check out Walmart,don't laugh! My koodoo in Quebec is $43 ...check it out above .lol
    Isn't Koodo owned by Bell?

Z10
    06-09-15 09:17 AM
    Isn't Koodo owned by Bell?

Z10
    no,Telus Bells discount carrier would be Virgin,only diff is these discount guys are 3g not 4g I think but really can't see any diff in speed
    06-09-15 09:22 AM
    no,Telus Bells discount carrier would be Virgin,only diff is these discount guys are 3g not 4g I think but really can't see any diff in speed
    Sorry, that's totally false, I have 4glte,lol

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    06-12-15 01:04 PM
    I had $189 left on my Z10 with a year to go on my Bell contract. I logged in, and the balance was $0.

So now I have a brand new Z30 I bought for $200 from Shop BlackBerry (Thanks to a member on RFD forums...) that I'm using.

Let's see if Bell will give me the "Bring your own phone" discount now.
    06-12-15 03:10 PM
    Bell is great but I'm sure you can get a better deal,I haven't noticed any difference in performance and my eyes are always open for even a better deal than I have now with KooDoo,lol
    06-14-15 04:10 AM
    No changes for me on Bell. The girl said something about my Passport and my gf's iPhone not being covered in our current plan and what not.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 03:57 PM
    No changes for me on Bell. The girl said something about my Passport and my gf's iPhone not being covered in our current plan and what not.

Posted via CB10
    The balance elimination applies only to devices on 3 year contracts that were started before May 2013. Your Passport and iPhone are too new to be covered.

06-15-15 07:02 AM
    Got it!
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:03 PM
49 12