So the new rules came into effect just now and the other day I owed $139 on my 3 year contract from Bell and they waived the balance ,Thanks to ..fgmoirrr.. check yours and rejoice,haha
    http://crackberry.com/canadas-wirele...less-customers
    greenpoise likes this.
    06-04-15 06:53 AM
    Good for you. Hard to believe a carrier would be so kind but we can always hold out hope.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-04-15 09:35 AM
    Good for you. Hard to believe a carrier would be so kind but we can always hold out hope.
    Yeah well, the carrier is not that kind they have been mandated to do that by the CRTC in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 10:12 AM
    Yeah the carriers are a bunch of greeds. They makes billions profits each year. This is nothing compared to how much they have made off us already.
    wincyUt and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    06-04-15 02:52 PM
    Unlocked and PAYG. No contract and No large monthly bills.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 02:56 PM
    I was on a 3 years contract too. Before the rules change, I still have 1 year left but now my device balance is zero too like OP.

Wife Z10, daughter got my old Z10 and me with the awesome new World Z30. That's how we roll baby!
    06-04-15 06:15 PM
    How are you guys checking? By call-in or user portals?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:11 AM
    I chatted with a rep on my desktop,strangely they don't show my balance anymore for the Zeddy on the website,going to check tomorrow for a better plan ,less$ I hope.
    06-05-15 01:32 AM
    So do you have to call and request the waiver of balance, or do the carriers do the decent thing and wipe it out on their own?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    06-05-15 06:33 AM
    So do you have to call and request the waiver of balance, or do the carriers do the decent thing and wipe it out on their own?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    no hassle at all ,and answered my questions directly ,when you think about the millions of subs out there, they are surely going to take a hit ,projected revenue has been totally altered ,I guess.
    06-05-15 06:56 AM
    You can cancel your contract if you signed before June 2013. No fees will apply.

Also you might be eligible for some discounts.

HOWEVER, if you want a new phone, and you have a great plan, be aware that the carrier may want you to change your plan for the upgrade to happen.

Bell would not extend my contract and give me a new phone unless I changed from my 6GB, 500 Long Distance, CD/VM, $60.00 plan to at least an $80 plan (1GB). EFF THAT!

I'm going to have to go Month-to-month from now on, and buy unlocked phones instead, which sucks because I like the security of knowing Bell can't do any kind of ****ery while the contract is on.

So, ask lots of questions, but more importantly, do your research first before you do ANYTHING.

Also, don't delay too long either... the more time passes, the less likely you are to get any benefits from negotiating.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:34 AM
    Great advice ,I'm off to Telus today,and maybe check out the discount carriers,fido..ect..even Walmart has a ton of offers that seem interesting with gift cards.
    06-05-15 07:52 AM
    I have been checking my account on Rogers for the past few weeks and it has shown the balance with a line across and a "0" over it.
    They did try to get me on their share everything plan although it would have given me 2 gig over my present half a gig I declined , I don't use more than 350 k and live on my own so don't have anyone to share with anyway.
    I unlocked my phone a year ago so I can move to another carrier if tempted enough but will buy a phone and go monthly from now on.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    06-05-15 07:53 AM
    I'm on bell with 3 months left on the contract and they haven't waived anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:58 AM
    Great advice ,I'm off to Telus today,and maybe check out the discount carriers,fido..ect..even Walmart has a ton of offers that seem interesting with gift cards.
    So off I went to Walmart 1st stop and last to my surprise..got a Koodoo deal for $43 ..1Go data..unlimited calls in Canada...unlimited text international + all the other stuff like call display ,call forwarding ect... before with bell I was only getting 500mb ..200 call minutes free nights and weekends and favorite 10 for long distance in Canada..@$50 a month.the guy at Walmart had a great sales pitch...he said he just finished looking for his SISTER and this was the best deal...there's a sucker born every minute right? anyway I can change contracts anytime now as I wish because I bought my passport from Shop BB ,lol Oh that Koodoo deal is only available in Quebec
    06-05-15 12:15 PM
    I'm on bell with 3 months left on the contract and they haven't waived anything.

Posted via CB10
    Have to have a contract before june 2013,lol
    06-05-15 12:18 PM
    My balance owing on Virgin Mobile just disappeared from the website. Poof.

Of course I have a brand new Passport I bought outright, so it's not really that big of a deal. Nice to know I could now give them the boot whenever I feel so inclined.

I did upgrade my mother to a Passport this week. Checked on Monday and her buyout price was already gone. She's home all giddy with it plugged in charging waiting for me to come home and set it up.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:13 PM

Of course I have a brand new Passport I bought outright, so it's not really that big of a deal. Nice to know I could now give them the boot whenever I feel so inclined.

I did upgrade my mother to a Passport this week. Checked on Monday and her buyout price was already gone. She's home all giddy with it plugged in charging waiting for me to come home and set it up.

Posted via CB10
    that sounds like you had Christmas really come early.a whole passport? lol
    06-05-15 05:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    that sounds like you had Christmas really come early.a whole passport? lol
    06-05-15 05:41 PM
    That's great news for Canucks...

Free yourself from contract shackles. Outright freedom! :-)

�   Wife currently leaping around for joy with her new toy....   �
    06-05-15 07:26 PM
    That's great news for Canucks...

Free yourself from contract shackles. Outright freedom! :-)

�   Wife currently leaping around for joy with her new toy....   �
    Unfortunately slider is so far away to upgrade to.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    06-05-15 08:00 PM
    Both my Telus phones now show a zero device balance, they added up to $350 and change last week. Just wont sign anything new for 2 years as thats when I will lose out and have to upgrade to a more expensive plan with less features. Not a chance. The only way it will work is if I settle for a new phone that has been around for a while and doesnt require a minimum $70 a month plan. Right now, both phones have 6 gigs, lots of minutes locally and LD, free calls after 5 and weekends, unlimited text, detailed billing, favorite numbers and lots more for $40.00 a month for each. Had to fight for these plans and took a long time to get them....will keep em til I die!
    06-05-15 08:18 PM
    So the new rules came into effect just now and the other day I owed $139 on my 3 year contract from Bell and they waived the balance ,Thanks to ..fgmoirrr.. check yours and rejoice,haha
    http://crackberry.com/canadas-wirele...less-customers
    This happened on wind accounts as well!! Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:40 PM
    Yeah well, the carrier is not that kind they have been mandated to do that by the CRTC in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    He's right. My provider Sasktel, did the same thing. That's when I stepped up to the Z30..!
    06-06-15 06:54 AM
    so I'm on my 2nd day now ,contract free and I must say it feels pretty good,my passport which I bought outright last year feels like I really own it now and have a much better plan,FREEDOM!
    06-06-15 06:22 PM
49 12