Went to Radio shack tonite to get some Christmas shopping done. They have the 9860 for free. You know it. I was jumping on that w/ both feet. They didn't have 1 in the store. Well I'll have one by wed.
    I went to the at&t store thinking I would go ahead and get 1 tonite. At&t store has it for $199. I asked him why was it so much? He answered the BlackBerry was the highest priced Android they had.
    Now thinking he was crossed up. I said BlackBerrys don't run android. He argued that they did. He asked a sales woman and she agreed with him that a BlackBerry was an Android device. She went as far to tell me that Android was just an os not a phone and that BlackBerry only runs Android unlike some phone that run Android and windows. I smh and left the store.
    I think I found out why sales people are pushing Android. They don't know that BlackBerrys have its own os. Thinking that they have a greater chance of selling a device if it comes with either android or win os. I get it.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 12-18-11 at 12:17 AM.
    12-17-11 11:01 PM
    I think the sales people were idiots
    12-17-11 11:07 PM
    Lol, I'm not sure if that's funny or just plain sad.
    12-17-11 11:13 PM
    That's too funny!
    12-17-11 11:15 PM
    Where do they get these "salespeople"? What a joke. If BB was really running Android their sales numbers would be alot higher.
    mkaa00x likes this.
    12-17-11 11:24 PM
    Where do they get these "salespeople"? What a joke. If BB was really running Android their sales numbers would be alot higher.
    I see what you did there. ^
    12-18-11 12:07 AM
    I thought it was both.
    12-18-11 12:21 AM
    How did these fools get hired? They don't even know the products they are selling. If I worked at a phone store, I would learn about every device they sold. I would even learn a lot about WP7, even though only 1 a year would sell lol.
    Last edited by blue_k; 12-18-11 at 02:27 AM.
    12-18-11 12:54 AM
    Technically there's not an Android phone. There's an Android OS that runs on different manufacturers phones (Samsung, LG, etc).

Personally I would have asked to speak with a manager and inform them that their staff was giving out blatantly wrong information.
    12-18-11 12:42 PM
    And you're wondering why RIM is having bad sales
    12-18-11 12:57 PM
    Lol. Did those reps make it further than the 4th grade? That is pretty sad. BBOS looks nothing like Android.
    12-18-11 01:00 PM
    Please tell me you're going to write a letter AND call both that store's manager, as well as to corporate. I know it makes *me* want to. Damn!
    12-18-11 01:05 PM
    Lol. Did those reps make it further than the 4th grade? That is pretty sad. BBOS looks nothing like Android.
    That's what happens when you let a bunch of iPhone people sell non-iPhone products

Actually, I find it strange that the bunch of them were that uneducated on products. Every AT&T store here locally requires that their reps attend training on all new products coming out.
    john_v likes this.
    12-18-11 01:07 PM
    Please tell me you're going to write a letter AND call both that store's manager, as well as to corporate. I know it makes *me* want to. Damn!
    No joke! To the OP...tell me what store it was (location in city/state) and I'll make a call/send an email. I have nothing better to do since I'm on my 3 week Christmas break.

Gotta loved paid vacations.
    12-18-11 01:09 PM
    And that is a blessing in itself.

Actually, reporting them to the manager is probably a waste, because if they don't recognize or reprimand them, or haven't yet, they are either incompetent or ignorant themselves.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-18-11 at 01:12 PM.
    avt123 and 13echo4 like this.
    12-18-11 01:10 PM
    Technically there's not an Android phone. There's an Android OS that runs on different manufacturers phones (Samsung, LG, etc).

Personally I would have asked to speak with a manager and inform them that their staff was giving out blatantly wrong information.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. It would've been worse if the manager backed them up, though!!
    12-18-11 01:10 PM
    That's what happens when you let a bunch of iPhone people sell non-iPhone products

Actually, I find it strange that the bunch of them were that uneducated on products. Every AT&T store here locally requires that their reps attend training on all new products coming out.
    Lol. I know all the reps promote Android and the iPhone over BBs, but this is just insulting. As a human being I almost feel less intelligent because of these people.

Well not really but they should be fired.
    12-18-11 04:38 PM
    Lol. I know all the reps promote Android and the iPhone over BBs, but this is just insulting. As a human being I almost feel less intelligent because of these people.

Well not really but they should be fired.
    hahaha. I remember a couple/few years ago I went to check out the Captivate and the 9800. The rep kept insisting that I wanted an iPhone4. After his repeated insistence that I wanted an iPhone4, I finally had to adamantely spell it out that I did NOT want an iProduct at all in any shape or form. The look on his face was like his girlfriend left him and took his dog taht he'd grown up with since a child.
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    12-18-11 05:13 PM
    ***** sales people. Film it and let them get humiliated. lol
    12-18-11 05:21 PM
    Its amazing how bad some reps are. There are some good ones though. I was picking up a nexus the other day, first store had the device but no sim cards for it so i had to drive about 25 minutes to the next one. I had mentioned the issue with the other store and they thought that had to be wrong. Not only did they call the other store to verify if the story was correct or if they just made a mistake they gave me a nice little credit of $10 for the issue.
    12-18-11 05:25 PM
    hahaha. I remember a couple/few years ago I went to check out the Captivate and the 9800. The rep kept insisting that I wanted an iPhone4. After his repeated insistence that I wanted an iPhone4, I finally had to adamantely spell it out that I did NOT want an iProduct at all in any shape or form. The look on his face was like his girlfriend left him and took his dog taht he'd grown up with since a child.
    lmao great description. When I originally went to VZW from AT&T I had an iPhone 3GS. I came in knowing exactly what I wanted, a Droid. The guy was constantly bashing the iPhone and using the "Droid Does" marketing terms in the most corny ways possibly. He kept insisting that the iPhone was crap and what not. I finally had to tell him that the iPhone being crap (which I didn't think it was) has nothing to do with why I am moving to VZW. I wanted to switch from AT&T because I was dropping a ridiculous amount of calls on my 9700, 9000 and iPhone. I told him once if he continued with the unnecessary comments that this "Droid Doesn't get sold". He quickly shut up lol.

Now the same guy at the same store is preaching Apple and Android and even owns an iPhone. Sales reps are funny. I once helped an old man coming into a VZW store looking for a "Google phone" make a purchase. The manager asked me if I wanted a top spot on his sales team lol.
    12-18-11 05:26 PM
    I went back into the store today and talked to the store manger. !st let me say the sales reps are in better shape than he is. He told me their knowledge of os systems (or the lack there of) wasnt an issue. Either was the fact he sought out another sales rep to confirm his mistake rather than double checking the price for me. The manger wasnt at all bothered by the fact the sales rep told me to just get it from radio shack.
    I actually went in to see if the price was in fact $199 cause on line its $99. I just grew tired of it and told him I would be on the with the corp. in the morning. I dont know why Im just going to wait for the guy at radio shack to get me one. all that matters is I get one. Well to me anyway.
    12-18-11 06:18 PM
    I was thinking this same thing...they got out of their iComfort zone
    13echo4 likes this.
    12-18-11 06:41 PM
    Psshhh. Just plain sad. Smdh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-18-11 07:04 PM
    They probably saw a headline about the Android Player for PB and got confused...

RIF dot org
    12-18-11 07:17 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD