ok, so we have determined the diagonal bb10 n series is going to be ~3.1 inches by: (720^2+720^2)/330. So then we can find the height which will be the same as the length because its a square. So the height and weight will be 3.1^2=2x^2 ....height and length are about 2.19 inches. I'm not sure what my 9650's length is, but putting a ruler up next to it, it seems to be about that. so it'll be about the same length, and then putting that 2.19 inches vertically seems to go right around the earpiece, *EDIT- or if you add it to the bottom it'll be right at the bottom of the 4 home keys we have now-at the far sides, not the middle.*
    That math add up? If it does I think its going to be a great sized screen, many argue for a 3.5 inch screen, but I think too large of a phone with the keyboard would look funny, I think this size is going to be adequate. Just helpin others visualize how big the screen will be because I couldn't really picture it before doing that.
    11-30-12 02:26 PM
    11-30-12 02:48 PM
    ok, so we have determined the diagonal bb10 n series is going to be ~3.1 inches by: (720^2+720^2)/330. So then we can find the height which will be the same as the length because its a square. So the height and weight will be 3.1^2=2x^2 ....height and length are about 2.19 inches. I'm not sure what my 9650's length is, but putting a ruler up next to it, it seems to be about that. so it'll be about the same length, and then putting that 2.19 inches vertically seems to go right around the earpiece, *EDIT- or if you add it to the bottom it'll be right at the bottom of the 4 home keys we have now-at the far sides, not the middle.*
    That math add up? If it does I think its going to be a great sized screen, many argue for a 3.5 inch screen, but I think too large of a phone with the keyboard would look funny, I think this size is going to be adequate. Just helpin others visualize how big the screen will be because I couldn't really picture it before doing that.

I've been putting off math for almost 3 years. And that's just college algebra, haha. Your post isn't helping though
    11-30-12 06:32 PM
    thanks for the reply, but those are pictures of the l-series. We all know the size and how it compares to other phones quite well. I'm talking about the n-series (the BB10 phone with the physical keyboard).
    12-01-12 07:16 AM
    I hope its the same size as the 9930 or close. With the trackpad gone and blackberry keys gone the screen should be just the right size IMO.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-01-12 07:38 AM
    I've been putting off math for almost 3 years. And that's just college algebra, haha. Your post isn't helping though
    haha I hear you. what do you mean it isn't helping? the visualization?
    12-01-12 07:46 AM
    I hope its the same size as the 9930 or close. With the trackpad gone and blackberry keys gone the screen should be just the right size IMO.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm thinking its going to be. Because with my measurements the screen will go as far down as the bottom of the call and end keys, not quite as deep as under the trackpad, but if you think, the keyboard will not be smile form, so the keyboard will raise up to go along with a flat line under the screen. And yea IMO, also, it will be a great size
    12-01-12 08:17 AM
    haha I hear you. what do you mean it isn't helping? the visualization?
    No no. I'm saying that your post is making me want to put off math for another semester, haha. Sorry, not relevant to the thread, just my life
    12-01-12 10:35 AM
    No no. I'm saying that your post is making me want to put off math for another semester, haha. Sorry, not relevant to the thread, just my life
    haha, o gotcha . and then if we take the triple integral of the ...jkk :P

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    12-01-12 11:15 AM
    Your first formula is missing a square root of the sum of 2*720^2, but the results are correct. Since I didn't round off intermediate values, I get 2.18" square. But you get the same result if you simply divide 720 by 330.

This is exactly why so many people hate math - they work way too hard for the simplest answers.
    12-01-12 11:02 PM
    Anyone notice RIM is returning to it old blue configuration- spuare screen. Look up the 7xxx series and you'll get an idea of what BB10N will look like
    12-01-12 11:32 PM
    Hmm...can't we just imagine that our 9900 IS most likely the N-Series, without the buttons and trackpad, and the keyboard only having straight frets with little extra provided space for the screen?
    12-02-12 01:44 AM
    This hurts my noggin...but the pictures sure are pretty
    12-02-12 03:04 AM