ok so i have the storm as of now but im not really as happy as i would like to be with it so i am thinking of downgrading to the curve until another bb comes out for verizon that is better, the only problem with this is that if i downgrade now to the curve then i will be stuck with it for two years so what i was wondering is if i buy a curve off of ebay and get it activated through verizon is that counted as my every 2 upgrade? that way i could have the storm from now until the time an newer non touchscreen bb comes out for verizon.
    01-04-09 01:23 AM
    if you buy one from ebay it wouldn't count as an upgrade. just make sure you buy one with the pin released and check the esn on it to save yourself a headache
    01-04-09 01:26 AM
    ok thanks! and how do i do both of those things?
    01-04-09 01:28 AM
    once you find one you want contact the seller and ask for the info then you can call verizon and have the numbers checked out
    01-04-09 01:31 AM
    Yes good advice uncheels, if you do buy on ebay check the sellers feedback and maybe even the other items he sells. Read the auction top to bottom. Make sure its a Curve for VZW! Use paypal there ar steps to protect your self from fraud this way. Every once in a while you hear horor stroies about buy on ebay. But I have bought and sold on ebay for 10 years with only like 5 problems out of 1,000 and 3 of them were corected and the other 2 I got my money back... It realy is safe if you do it right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 01:59 AM
    I was just reading a post above yours which had a college student wanting a storm and selling his/her curve. Maybe you two should hook up and see if you guys can swap or work out a deal.

01-04-09 02:57 AM
    I really wouldn't consider a Curve a downgrade. Keep in mind many Storm users are trading them in for the Curve right now. I've had my curve since September and I was one of the few who got an early shipment of storms. After a week I missed my Curve 8330 and it's reliability and speed. Storm has the potential to be a great phone, but like many of the iphone buyers, I think we should all hold out until the design and the OS has improved.

01-04-09 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD