Hi, I have a family of 4, two adults, two teens. I realize this thread has been posted before, but with AT&T data changes as well as verizon reportedly changing, i need to ask. Our family plan on AT&T is up and I need to know which carrier will be cheapest for my family of 4 since we are all accustomed to our Blackberrys, and will each need one on whatever carrier we decide. Not interested in unlimited plans, unless they are the cheapest option. If someone could help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated!!
    08-04-10 09:28 AM
    Probably T-Mobile. You can try this site and compare >> billshrink.com
    It will even calculate Early Termination Fees / Activation Fees if swithching carriers.
    Last edited by cwhite5222; 08-04-10 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added more info.
    08-04-10 09:52 AM
    Pretty sure Sprint has the cheapest Blackberry plans.

In my opinion they also have the worst service coverage, customer service, and free features.

With T-Mobile you get free tethering, which is a huge plus for me since I spend a lot of time boating.
    08-04-10 11:39 AM
    Sprint. 129 for two everything data lines, 1500 min, unl data,unl text, plus anymobile, anytime. $19.99 for each additional, no extra charge for anyphone (except 4g)

I have this, 4 lines (2 adults, 2 teens) currently have 3 bb's, 1 rumor touch (3 of those lines have tep, $7 ea/mo) bill total $163 and change w/ discount.

Coverage is good, but not great, so make sure you can get signal in your area. For me it's good, not full bars all the time, but it beats a $200-250+ phone bill.
    08-04-10 11:46 AM
    Seems like I have a better deal with Verizon running 2nd to Tmobile with my family plan, and I still feel as though I'm paying with an arm and a leg.
    08-04-10 11:51 AM
    I would definitely compare Sprint and T-Mo. With T-Mo, you might be able to use the phones you already have (just swap SIM cards), so unless you are wanting to upgrade phones at the same time, it might make it more affordable.

Something else to check is T-Mo's UMA service. At one point and time, calls made via Wifi/UMA didn't count against your minutes. I don't know if that is still true or not, but also worth checking out. You would probably need new T-Mo BlackBerrys for UMA, though.
    08-04-10 11:59 AM
    If you go with Sprint, make friends with the person selling you the phones and plan.
    Ask them for the 27% monthly discount.
    08-04-10 12:22 PM
    I would research discounts first, see what discounts you can get with the carriers and how much. I have sprint and they do have a really good data plan. I have 3 bb's and pay for only two lines. Their plan includes 1500 minutes and unlimited everything plus you can call any mobile anymtime with any carrier and it won't use your anytime minutes unless you are in roaming. My total bill last month was $152. But now I will be paying $119 a month because of student discounts.
    08-04-10 02:25 PM
    Sprint is the best in my opinion. I have the Everything Data Family - with Any Mobile, Anytime ~ for only $129 w/ 2 lines and I am adding a 3rd line for only $10 more.
    08-04-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD