I was looking for a brand new Bold 9700 for a friend of mine to initiate him into the world of Blackberry.

As I was looking on Craigslist I found a guy selling the Bold 9700 for $365. I called, we set a meeting point and voila, Bold unlocked (branded Rogers), brand new, everything comes with it (including transparent stickers on both sides of the phone etc...).

I got a little puzzled, as to where on Earth did he get that Blackberry? The guy showed me his trunk and it was FILLED with Bolds of all sorts of carriers (including unbranded ones he said they were from Bell).

Is this normal? I mean How?!

Anyway, I got the phone for my friend and it's working fine and everything seems great. Just wondered how he can afford to get them so cheap!

Any input would be appreciated.
    09-19-10 09:12 PM
    Decent deal but could have got one way cheaper....
    09-19-10 09:18 PM
    Never heard of something falling off a truck before, huh
    09-19-10 09:40 PM
    Never heard of something falling off a truck before, huh
    I have... but come on, that can't be it!! lol Or can it?!
    09-19-10 09:41 PM
    Why can't it be?
    09-19-10 09:44 PM
    Dude is selling new (you said new, right?) BB's, under retail price, on craigslist, from a trunk full of 'em...nevermind. I saw nothing-NOTHING!!!
    09-19-10 09:48 PM
    He possibly buys them for cheap from companies/small businesses when they upgrade, then he refurbishes them and sells them.

I know there is a company here in my city that buys used phones from local businesses and then sells them. I always get used phones from them.

Then again it could be something else, he may know someone who knows someone who knows someone who works directly for the manufacturer and hooks him up with a box of new phones for cheap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD