Hey guys

I had forgot to charge my phone over night and woke up to it dead the next morning. Problem now is when i put it in the wall charger the lightning bolt shows up but it does not charge the phone. I used different outlets so that wasnt the problem. Currently im charging it through my pc via USB but its really slow and i cant depend on it.

I didnt get the phone through my provider so i dont want to rush into buying a new battery or charger if i dont have to. Btw i have an 8900. Any advice?
    01-15-11 06:16 PM
    If its charging via usb and not the wall charger then its obvious you need a new wall charger. You said you get the lightning bolt symbol when you use the wall charger, how long did you leave it to charge before deciding it wasnt working?
    bushati likes this.
    01-15-11 07:42 PM
    If you drained it completely it may take a few hours to bring it back. Draining a Lithium-ion battery completely is the worst thing you can do to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bushati likes this.
    01-15-11 08:22 PM
    It charged 100% via usb and now im waiting for it to go down so i can try the wall charger over night..would there be any reason why the wall charger would just stop working?
    01-15-11 08:37 PM
    If your getting the lightning bolt symbols, something is getting charged. Was the symbol showing the night it died?

bushati likes this.
    01-15-11 10:33 PM
    Could the lightning bolt just mean it is connected? I have had phones in the past that recognized a power source but wouldnt charge. im guessing a new wall charger solves problem.
    bushati likes this.
    01-16-11 10:32 AM
    Could the lightning bolt just mean it is connected? I have had phones in the past that recognized a power source but wouldnt charge. im guessing a new wall charger solves problem.
    Yes this is what happened I think. The wall charger was recognized but didnt charge the battery. Weird enough though its working now but im gonna get a new one. Thanks for the help guys!!
    01-16-11 04:28 PM
    if it recognises it but can't charge, it won't show the lightning bolt symbol, from what I know.
    01-16-11 06:52 PM
    Most blackberries won't turn on if there is less than a 5% charge. If you get the lightening bolt or just a red led but the phone won't turn on it means the battery is totally dead so just let it charge for 4 to 6 hrs and you'll be good. The wall charger always charges faster than. The usb on the computer.

01-16-11 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD