So i have one of those apple iphone wall jack to USB converters and i was wondering if connecting a USB wire to my blackberry and then attaching it to that little device would cause harm to my device?

I come home every weekend from school and i dont want to dish out money on a charger if this can work effectively.

Amazon.com: OEM Apple USB Power Adapter with Data Cable for ATT (AT&T) Iphone 2G / 3G / 3G S: Cell Phones & Service

thats the product page
    02-20-10 01:03 AM
    I don't see why that wouldn't work. Shoot, I have a verizon fios tv box in my bedroom with a usb port on the front where I plug in my blackberry to charge. LOL
    02-20-10 02:59 AM
    Yes.

Direct quote from Wikipedia:

As of January 30, 2009 Micro-USB has been accepted by almost all cell phone manufacturers as the standard charging port (including Apple, Motorola, Nokia, LG, RIM, Samsung, Sony Ericsson) in the EU and most of the world. Worldwide conversion to the new cellphone charging standard is expected to be completed between 2010 to 2012.

If you already have that cable (or someone at home already does), save the money that you were going to buy the Apple wall plug with & plug your BlackBerry into a USB port on the computer. You'll get the same results. I charge my Tour with my laptop exclusively since I'm never far from either & rarely use a wall plug.
    02-20-10 03:36 AM
    I don't see why that wouldn't work. Shoot, I have a verizon fios tv box in my bedroom with a usb port on the front where I plug in my blackberry to charge. LOL
    This what I do LOL !! I keep one charger in Livingroom and other plugged into my FiOS box or TV which also has a USB port.. My TV can actually pull images from the SD card which is cool... like a slideshow.. while charging.. I keep pics of art in one folder for just this reason..
    02-20-10 10:36 AM
    Yea. I plug my BB into my ps3 while I'm playin it to charge it...
    02-20-10 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD