Here's my situation. I'm a T-Mobile subscriber, minutes and text only. My current flip phone (not a smart phone) died so I had to get one pronto. A friend of mine had a T-Mobile Blackberry but has switched to another carrier so she gave it to me. Now I have a phone to use and I can connect to wi-fi at home and various other hot spots. But because my T-Mobile plan doesn't include internet use, will I get charged if I access the internet on my Blackberry?
    08-22-11 03:23 AM
    if you are over wifi then no you shouldnt. as for hotspots, unless its a subscription one, you should be ok.
    08-22-11 07:05 AM
    if you are over wifi then no you shouldnt. as for hotspots, unless its a subscription one, you should be ok.

What would be the difference if I connect to the web via wifi or a non-subscription hotspot? Wouldn't they both simply be ways of me getting onto the internet? Unless one is trackable and the other isn't. Could you clarify?
    08-22-11 10:32 AM
    Some hotspots make you subscribe to their wifi to have access. I know at one point in time McDonald's did and I think Starbucks did.
    08-22-11 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD