Just some FYI because I seen someone ask before. I timed it. From 5% battery life left on my storm and tour to fully charge and charging icon goes away was roughly 2 hour 20 minutes.
    07-16-09 01:44 PM
    thanks for the info
    07-16-09 05:44 PM
    Quite a big difference from what I was coming from. With a couple hacks my diamond could charge in an hour.

If you can do another test from another source. You have your PC, home outlet, and car charger. Pick one of the other two and see if it differs any.
    07-16-09 09:23 PM
    The charger used also make a huge difference in how long it takes to charge. Most of your car chargers that you would buy from Verizon would be considered rapid chargers and can charge your phone from dead to full in about an hour. Most of your travel chargers(typically the ones that come with the phone) are 2-3 hour chargers.
    07-16-09 11:02 PM
    Quite a big difference from what I was coming from. With a couple hacks my diamond could charge in an hour.

If you can do another test from another source. You have your PC, home outlet, and car charger. Pick one of the other two and see if it differs any.
    The PC will take the longer as the USB port maxes out at a 500Ma output. Otherwise tiny circuits will start to smoke.
    07-16-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD