Is it possible to change the start up and shut down images on 8703e running a 4.2 OS?

-Nick
    04-29-08 12:09 PM
    Sorry, no this not possible. Even putting a different carriers OS on the device will not change the carrier logo on start up and shut down. This is something that is programmed on a separate chip inside the device.

Welcome to CB.
    04-29-08 12:15 PM
    it must be possible. you may need to do some unsafe editing of your bb which could brick it. where there's a will there's brick.
    04-29-08 11:53 PM
    ya i wanna know that...i'm sure its possibe maybe no one just tried to do that..but if anyone know how to let me know...i do have a spare bb to play around with
    04-30-08 12:20 AM
    Unfortunately, the BB security is mucho better than dumb phones, the startup image is buried in a file that even a good hack will never access. Best you'll probably get is finding the file that contains it and removing it, which in all likelyhood will brick your phone. Good news is, bbs can recover from a good brickin..and I've bricked a few in my day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 12:24 AM
    Good news is, bbs can recover from a good brickin..and I've bricked a few in my day.
    Love that aspect about a BB. Any good electronic product should be able to do that.
    04-30-08 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD