Does anyone know if you can change the format for sms with the Bold 9700? I would prefer to receive texts in individual line format rather than all messages from the same person merge.
    01-14-10 04:20 AM
    The 9700 has threaded SMS built in to the operating system as do all the version 5 operating systems. With other phones you can just not upgrade to version 5 and you'll keep the old SMS but the Bold 9700 was released with version 5 and there is no downgrade available so threaded SMS it is.

Within the operating system there is no way to disable it. The best you can do is hit menu and select view folder which you can then select SMS inbox and SMS outbox but that's not a permanent solution to what you want.

From my opinion, give it time and I'm sure the threaded SMS will grow on you.
    01-14-10 06:18 AM
    Yea, its a bit weird tbh.

The biggest annoyance is the was the way it shows you SMS messages that you have SENT at the home page of SMS & MMS :/

I dont mind it so much when you go into a conversation, but when I go into it I want to see JUST inbox.
    01-14-10 08:30 AM
    Thaks guys!
    01-14-10 09:15 AM
    Does anyone know if you can change the format for sms with the Bold 9700? I would prefer to receive texts in individual line format rather than all messages from the same person merge.
    BlackBerry's new threaded SMS is really horrible. There are advocates of this type of threaded sms but there is a very large growing community who completely dislike this feature and are demanding that RIM provide an "on-off" feature to disable it. Personally I despise this feature and will not rest until RIM provides a disable option. For those of us who rely on text updates, this threaded sms is just terrible.

Some may try and claim this new feature will grow on you. I can assure you that my distaste for this threaded sms grows by the day. It needs to be resolved by RIM.
    01-14-10 01:10 PM
    for someone who frequently uses sms, 4000 sent last month eesh, i like the threaded sms set up. to have to dig through a hundred + msgs to get to the one random one, no thanks. i enjoy having it setup by number. i don't really see what everyone is complaining about.
    01-15-10 01:54 PM
    I liked the new threaded sms and wouldnt want to go back to the ice age
    01-15-10 04:29 PM
    I don't see what's wrong with the threaded SMS. When I first upgraded to 5.0, I was actually surprised and immediately fell in love with the OS because of the threaded SMS' impression on me. I continue to love it until this day and I can't imagine going back to the old format. Maybe it's all just personal preference.
    01-15-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD