I noticed that with every e-mail that I send out from my 8310 Curve that it signs on the bottom "Sent Via BlackBerry from AT&T" or something like that.

Any way I can forcibly change that? I tried going to the "E-mail Options" setting but it won't let me alter it.

Any suggestions?
    03-12-08 01:24 PM
    Here are the directions on changing the signature.
    03-12-08 02:08 PM
    I tried that but I get this when I enter in my PIN and IMEI on the BlackBerry site to create an account:

"Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service"

Any way to get past this? I tried going to it on my BlackBerry Browser but I can't change it on there.

Booooooo.
    03-12-08 02:19 PM
    You have to login from a pc/laptop to change the sig... not from BB browser

BlackBerry� Internet Service Login | AT&T wireless services
    03-12-08 02:19 PM
    You need to create a username and password for your account from your BB, then access that site from a PC
    03-12-08 02:23 PM
    I already set up my Gmail account on my Curve. I've had it for a while but decided to come to forums when I realized I had that annoying signature but couldn't change it.

When I said that I tried to create an account with with my PIN and IMEI and got that message, I was trying to "register" my BlackBerry from my laptop so that I can access the e-mail options portion of it to change my signature. However when I did, that's when I got this message:

"Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service"

That's why I tried to do it on my BlackBerry and failed again. As a BB user with AT&T were you able to change your signature?
    Last edited by Ji1HoNg; 03-12-08 at 02:28 PM.
    03-12-08 02:24 PM
    Try to clear your cookies and cache, and use IE to go on.

Once in a while, i have issues logging on using FF or Opera.

You also can go in the media net browser, and click on blackberry start or something like that, then, you can setup youe username and password there.
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 03-12-08 at 02:30 PM.
    03-12-08 02:27 PM
    Mmmm, still no luck.

By the way... when you told me to clear the cookies and cache from my browser, I thought you meant my BlackBerry browser and I also deleted my push content as well by accident. That shouldn't affect any of my programs should it?
    03-12-08 02:46 PM
    I have AT&T and was able to change mine just fine.
    03-12-08 02:50 PM
    Did you change yours on your computer or BlackBerry?

Maybe it's because I'm trying to change it using FireFox on a Mac... Maybe?
    03-12-08 02:59 PM

Clear the cookies and caches on yout Pc or MAc.
    That should solve it.
    03-12-08 03:34 PM
    thanks for the instructions guys... I set up my att.blackberry.com email address and changed my sig to

"Sent Via my "MacBerry" from wherever I am..."
    03-12-08 03:35 PM
    Sweet! I'm going to try that out!
    03-12-08 03:41 PM

You can't change it from your BlackBerry. You have to do it from your PC.
    03-12-08 04:09 PM
    I cleared the cookies and cache on my FireFox browser using my Mac and I'm still getting this message when I enter in my PIN and IMEI to register my BlackBerry:

I don't get what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone want to try and do it for me? Or would that just not be safe, haha.
    03-12-08 05:17 PM
    Maybe I missed something but if you already have email on your BB you must have already set up an account. Are you sure you don't already have a registered account?

AJErvin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by AJErvin12; 03-12-08 at 06:16 PM.
    03-12-08 06:04 PM
    I set it up so that I have my Gmail linked to my BlackBerry. IF I indeed am already registered because I have an e-mail account set up, what would my login and password be for the BlackBerry Internet Service site? Would it be the username and password for my Gmail account?
    03-12-08 07:10 PM
    did you setup a @att.blackberry.com email address?
    03-12-08 07:13 PM
    I set it up so that I have my Gmail linked to my BlackBerry. IF I indeed am already registered because I have an e-mail account set up, what would my login and password be for the BlackBerry Internet Service site? Would it be the username and password for my Gmail account?
    Well, that's the next question. There's no way you could have set up your Gmail on the BB without accessing the AT&T BIS site. You probably did it when you first received your BB via the wizard.

The login for AT&T BIS is different from your email unless you made it that way.

AJErvin
    Last edited by AJErvin12; 03-12-08 at 07:36 PM.
    03-12-08 07:27 PM
    Sweet, so I created an @att.blackberry.net e-mail account from my Curve... but I still can't login to the site on my computer. I tried my username and password for my @att.blackberry.net account but it's saying that it's not incorrect...

So... now what?
    Last edited by Ji1HoNg; 03-12-08 at 07:48 PM.
    03-12-08 07:41 PM
    If you're using the same login you used on your Curve it must be a browser issue. I'm not too familiar with the Mac...sorry. Unfortunately, you have to login to the AT&T site on your PC to change the signature.

Last edited by AJErvin12; 03-12-08 at 07:57 PM.
    03-12-08 07:51 PM
    I'm wondering if it's a Safari issue since I'm having the same problem.
    03-12-08 08:00 PM
    I'm actually using FireFox rather than Safari.

Well once I had gotten my @att.blackberry.net account set up from my phone it said that I would start receiving messages after about 20 minutes. Maybe I should try again in 20 and hope it'll work?

Let's cross our fingers...
    03-12-08 08:06 PM
    Yeah... no luck...

*sigh*
    03-12-08 08:10 PM
    Maybe I should just call up BlackBerry support and ask them to help me out.

Suggestions are still welcome!

03-12-08 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD