There was an article on the home page that related to changing your OS on your phone to a different network. I tried to understand it but just couldn't wrap my head around it.

My question is that when you change the OS is it now a Bell phone as in it now works on Bells network now not at&t? So now being a bell phone it will pick up on bells ota updates?
    03-16-12 08:32 AM
    There was an article on the home page that related to changing your OS on your phone to a different network. I tried to understand it but just couldn't wrap my head around it.

My question is that when you change the OS is it now a Bell phone as in it now works on Bells network now not at&t? So now being a bell phone it will pick up on bells ota updates?
    Are you certain this is what you read? Did they say feel free to install another carrier's updated OS? Because THAT would work ok. You would still stay on your carrier (bell, VZW, ATT) for service but just have the updated OS on your phone. As long as the OS is for your model, I do that all the time. I'm on VZW but whenever there was an update for my 9650, I installed it, NO MATTER WHICH CARRIER IT CAME FROM.

Does this help you? Or did I miss your point? If I missed it, I apologize!

PS If it is a Bell phone and you put another OS on it, your phone remains a Bell serviced phone. You can always OTA update from Bell should they come out with an OS upgrade.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-16-12 at 10:14 AM.
    03-16-12 10:11 AM
    Kinda ya lol. I just got an unlocked at and t phone but am on a bell plan, it is unlocked so I guess it is fine as gsm only matters the sim card not the providor. My issue was more getting OTA os updates. I know there are leaked ones on here but I'm just not technical enough to do it.
    03-16-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD