I'm trying to change the default on my text messaging to go straight to SMS Texts instead of Emails (from my inbox). I'm sure it can be done, but I haven't figured out how.

HELP!
    02-15-08 10:56 PM
    Not sure exactly what you mean but you can make text messages and email separate folders. However the message folders is a catch-all folder. The messages folder will always display your email and text messages together.

To separate the folders for SMS and email go to the messages folder, press menu and choose options, then general options. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see that you can change the option to separate.
    02-15-08 11:10 PM
    sunkast

when I select the messages icon, it shows me texts. if i scroll up to the date and press the roller ball, it automatically takes me to an email. i'd like to go straight to my sms texts. (does that make sense? i am so computer/device challenged it's ridiculous.)

thanks for the help
    02-16-08 12:02 PM
    Once you create the SMS folder like Sunkast said, then when you press the trackball in there, it will go to your address book to compose SMS like you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-08 12:15 PM
    Hmm... I think you are confusing the messages folder with an email inbox.

I went to my messages folder, scrolled to the top where the date became highlighted and clicked the trackball. This brought up a menu with options such as compose email, sms, mms, place call, etc.

But, when I went to my email inbox for my tmo.blackberry.net email and repeated the steps you outlined, it went straight to composing a new email.
    02-16-08 12:17 PM
    On my 8100, in an email inbox and in regular message folder, pressing trackball while at top goes directly to composing new email screen. While in my SMS and MMS folder, doing the same thing goes to address book to chose recipient of text message.
    02-16-08 12:43 PM
    sunkast

when I select the messages icon, it shows me texts. if i scroll up to the date and press the roller ball, it automatically takes me to an email. i'd like to go straight to my sms texts. (does that make sense? i am so computer/device challenged it's ridiculous.)

thanks for the help
    On my 8830 WE, when I am in messages folder and press trackball on a date, it goes straight to an email compose. Only solution I know is to press menu and select compose option.

That's why I separated my SMS and email. Then all I have to do is go to SMS icon and press trackball on a date will give me a menu to select any compose option.
    02-16-08 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD