A quick question...

I have a new blackberry 9900 but I haven't changed over from my 9700 yet.

When I do a switch device through desktop manager what happens to my bbm contacts? do I have to add them all again or send them my new pin or does nothing happen and things just go on as normal as if you never switched phones?

also do the current open bbm chats transfer over as well?

Thanks for any advice,

Shaun.
    05-06-12 06:59 AM
    bb contacts go over
    conversations are saved on the memory card if you have history saved and can be accessed anytime with DM
    05-06-12 02:37 PM
    +1

10char
    05-06-12 02:39 PM
    Thanks guys, so there is no change in the contacts phones? they would just carry on as normal and the only thing I'd lose is my open conversations which I will have to access on my memory card.
    05-07-12 04:53 AM
    correct. to make sure you keep your BBM contacts have them linked with your BB Contacts. can be done by opening up their BBM profile and clicking "link to BB contact" then either "choose from list" or "create new entree"
    05-07-12 08:19 AM
    I would backup my BBM contacts just in case. Theres an option to back them up to your email in settings, but you also should have a problem copying them over in a device switch.

I didnt have any problems with BBM contacs comring from my 8900 to 9930.

I didnt backup my BBM chats, so those didnt transfer over, but no big deal for me.
    05-07-12 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD