Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to set the name of the phone on the wifi network its connecting to?

For example, my phone registered as Blackberry2345 or similar, but I wouldn't mind being able to change its name as the router sees (and stores) it.
    05-03-10 08:21 AM
    options > wifi > scroll down to the name you want to change > click menu button > edit
    05-03-10 09:32 AM
    options > wifi > scroll down to the name you want to change > click menu button > edit
    That will change the name of the router that shows on the phone... but I think the OP wants to change the name of the phone that shows up on the router.

No idea how/if that can be done.
    05-03-10 09:48 AM
    Ahh, good catch. I read it too fast.

But yeah, I don't think that would be a phone issue... sounds like it would be on the computer/router side of it.
    05-03-10 09:50 AM
    A BlackBerry is a client that connects to a host (router) and for authenticating or verifying the connection with the host, a registered name for the network is issued to identify the BlackBerry. I believe this to be hardcoded into the BlackBerry, or it can be random at every connection; I'm unsure about that. Nothing in the Engineering Screen either that allows modifying this parameter. Do you have a special need for changing it?
    05-03-10 09:53 AM
    You can change the name through your router's configuration page.
    05-03-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD