Has anyone tried it yet? I really want to make my number keys red but can bring myself to attempt it unless I see a video or get advice from someone.

Posted via my Q10
    08-05-13 11:59 PM
    Never heard of being able to do that, although it would be neat....
    08-06-13 12:13 AM
    Has anyone tried it yet? I really want to make my number keys red but can bring myself to attempt it unless I see a video or get advice from someone.

Posted via my Q10
    It's actually a relatively simple process of putting a film of plastic, or transparent tape colored with a sharpie. BUT, you have to be aware that it will void warranty, which sucks to lose that security of having warranty should things go wrong. If you wanted to though, just crack open the Q10 and put a colored film over the numbers and you're good to go. Watch a Q10 tear down video somewhere on YT and you'll get an idea on how to get to your keyboard.
    08-06-13 12:37 AM
    It's actually a relatively simple process of putting a film of plastic, or transparent tape colored with a sharpie. BUT, you have to be aware that it will void warranty, which sucks to lose that security of having warranty should things go wrong. If you wanted to though, just crack open the Q10 and put a colored film over the numbers and you're good to go. Watch a Q10 tear down video somewhere on YT and you'll get an idea on how to get to your keyboard.
    I'll try to find one. Thank you! I'm hoping someone will make a video though. Maybe it would void the warranty but couldn't I just take the tape off before I brought it back in to my service provider? How would they know?

Posted via my Q10
    08-06-13 02:00 AM
    I'll try to find one. Thank you! I'm hoping someone will make a video though. Maybe it would void the warranty but couldn't I just take the tape off before I brought it back in to my service provider? How would they know?

Posted via my Q10
    Hehe thats the cool bit. TECHNICALLY you did void your warranty, but shh...no one needs to know..

I'll see what I can do with my Q10 when I get mine...provided I'm crazy enough to buy one xD otherwise the teaardown video should point you the right direction anyways
    08-06-13 02:11 AM
    Thanks! I might try it.
    Last edited by locke7; 08-06-13 at 02:08 PM.
    08-06-13 02:20 AM